Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas Thaw -2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

That's Dirty Bastard to you,but I'll keep you in mind.;)
    [​IMG]

2. rebelrat

rebelrat

Skot
    OK so ....not going to make the THAW...........I have never had a project fight me at every turn as this rebuild has but it's just not going to happen so Stay safe and have fun guy's and ''keep the rubber side down.............

3. bigken

bigken

Curses. we will miss your arse............:(

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  4. Andy,
    Hate to hear that....knew you've been thrashing....hate it when it just won't work out:(

On the flip side, I just got the Dragster in the trailer....shoot fire it has been torn down since the Sunday after the Day of the Drags, last Oct:eek:....been a bit of a project....it was rewarding to at least sit in again....we'll miss ya buddy. a

5. racer32

racer32

Big Daddy's BBQ is on the fire for the party tomorrow night.

6. bigken

bigken

You're bringing the 'fire-starter', too, right? :D

7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

What a differance 24 hours makes.
    19 degrees yesterday morning,43 this morning and looks like even warmer tommorrow.
    Gotta love Texas winters.

8. buckd

buckd

See ya'll there!! BUCKD

9. Wish I could be there!

10. I was planning to make the 200 mile drive and come up with Dan Evans(uncle Daniel) but last minute problem came up...Just tell all my HAMB friends hello for me...Both Scorpion crews (Bill Cosby and Don Ross) Dirty2,Rusty,Beep and others that probably dont remember me,But especially Denise,the sweetheart of the HAMB.
    Bob

11. seatex

seatex

Thanks, Tim. Where the hell did you find a beer with my picture on it, anyway?:eek:

12. Looking forward to tomorrow, probably the warmest THAW yet.

13. 454navyss

454navyss

If I could find a four speed to put in my car tonight I'd be there tomorrow but it's not looking good. Does anyone have one they'd sell?

14. Thanks for another great Tx. Thaw. I ran a blistering 10.65 in the econoline and on the way home some d head side swiped the car next to me and pushed him into me. Not a good way to end the day.
    [​IMG]

15. Wow that sucks I'm guessing I35, that road sucks thru Denton. Enjoyed your Econoline and glad you got to run it down the track.

Anyway I concur thanks to The Torques for another fine Thaw, even arranged for great weather.

16. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I want to say thanks for Ken and all the Torques crew for a great event....top notch..I was impressed...

17. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Thanks for the hospitality, food, good times! Good to see everyone, ken & the rest of the torques, "try and out do this one", Best so far! Thanks again, herb. P.s. marcs kid had the baddest car on the property!

18. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Looks like the weather gods shined down on this one. What a difference a day makes. So how about some pics for all us suckers that didn't make it. Come on guys, wake up, shake off the hangovers and post some pics!

19. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Yeah, no kid'n back down to 23 this morning.

20. seatex

seatex

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

21. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  22. saltracer

saltracer

23. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

24. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Thanks to all the Torques for putting on such a great event. It's always worth the drive from San Antonio to be at the THAW. Even more, thank you for making this such a memorable day for my son James.
    [​IMG]

James was living the dream yesterday when he got to race Skot in Flathead Fever. Skot - you are the best. Coolest cat around. Thanks for taking part of this with James. He will be talking about this for weeks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Best race of the day, glad someone posted up a pic.
    I had a ball, just the kick in the ass I needed.

26. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

27. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

I had a good time, despite breaking the car. See ya in '15!

28. seatex

seatex

29. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

WOW!!! I am humbled after seeing my car on the shirt this year...thanks for the honor of being up there with such a great group of folks!

Had fun seeing y'all at the Thaw...Figures, the car ends up on a shirt the year I don't race!
    The shirt is already a collectors item, cause the car will never look like that again :cool: Building a Super Stock 'ish Hurst Hairy Olds themed tribute car of sorts. Basically like Reed's car which is awesome, but with the HHO paint scheme...The diecast model I have gives me hope and a cool little replica to follow.

Took it apart last year after the TX Nat's race at the "Belly" to do some paint/body work, then engine...and then suspension, got a little carried away :D.
    Life has gotten in the way and we are expecting our third child in May, a little boy this time :cool:

SO, I'll be attending the "Belly" and of course "Propwash" for motorvation ;)
    See Y'all there!
    -QQ

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  30. bigken

bigken

Neill, great seeing you, and your car made a great t-shirt. Looks like it's it going to be an even cooler car, when you get done with the re-make.
    Thanks for your support.