Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Free CARtoons Iron-ons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NorCArl, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I have no idea...I just have original copies

2. NorCArl

NorCArl
    from California

Yeah i have all of them still, digitally so i will never run out.

3. NorCArl

NorCArl
    from California

bttt lets keep it going!

4. These are awesome!

5. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Carl....not trying to rain on a great thread. ...I think its awesome that you are sharing all this..
    I just have to ask..isn't this stuff copyrighted ?
    And is it ok to be distributing it ?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. 51CHEVYGASSER

51CHEVYGASSER

Hi: I'd be interested on one that has either a 49 thru 52 chevy coupe or a GASSER on it. Haven't beable to open your pic's so if you do have anything of what I mentioned above please attach it to a PM.

thanks
    51CHEVYGASSER

7. NorCArl

NorCArl
    from California

Rain away! I'm surprised it took this long for someone to ask.

Technically, the individual artists have copyrights to their own images up to several decades after their death, when the art becomes public domain. (For the most part this hasn't happened yet.)

However, since I am not actually producing or selling the t-shirts but merely providing you with a digital link to your own scanned image of a single page from a long-defunct publication, and for no fee... I'm ok with it if everyone else is.

In reality I would assume that the idea of seeing some of these designs actually being enjoyed again would outweigh any concern over residual income by people the likes of Trosley and Co.

Either way, I've always been more of a "beg for forgiveness" than an "ask for permission" person. With that said, if there is a stink I will knock it off... just trying to spread the love for CARtoons.

8. NorCArl

NorCArl
    from California

and, since you mentioned it... my name is actually Robert. The NorCA denotes northern California and the "rl" is my initials.

9. x-shift

x-shift

Thanks Robert! This is fantastic! I'll PM you when I decide which ones I want!

For the rest of you that are looking for YOUR car, Trosley will do a painting of it, or even a custom CARtoons cover. A friend of mine did it recently, and it's outstanding. Great guy to deal with, and you end up with one-off art suitable for framing. His site:

http://www.shop.georgetrosley.com/Custom-Art-of-your-Car-Truck-and-More_c7.htm