Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 DETROIT AUTORAMA...Goin',Show'n ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, Mar 11, 2013.

1. coupedevil

coupedevil

2. Myles and I will be there again this year but sadly without the "Ghost Rider Roadster". I would like to bring it back and show it again on the main (lower level) floor next year, but I don't know if Rudy will have me. Anyway I will be the old guy wearing the jacket so if you see me wondering around in a daze.....say hello, would you ? Hope you have a great time !
    Ron

Attached Files:

3. WHAT DAY ARE YOU LEAVIN KYLE?

using the mobile hamb app in the capital of the 51st state

4. raymay

raymay

Anyone know if they are going to have the valve cover race track downstairs?
    Got an old valve cover racer my son and I built in the 80's. It would be fun to bring it and see if she still runs good.
    I let my buddy borrow it in late 80's out on the West Coast. He repainted it and got some kind of "Street Rodder'" award. Last time I had it out was 1999 in Columbus. Did not win the races but I got a nice plaque for "Best Bitchin Valve cover".

Attached Files:

5. dragass

dragass

Deadlast Car Club are having the valve cover races again this year.

6. 38mag

38mag

Àny rules, or is it run what you brung?

7. jimdillon

jimdillon

I am assuming you are showing upstairs which is the only part that I am somewhat familiar with. If I was you I would get off 75 so that you can get on Fort St. Once you get off and get close you will not miss all of the trailers lined up on Fort St. I have waited for hours on Fort St and last year they had some of us on another street out of the way where we would wait until they fed us one by one onto Fort St. There should be a few police officers there directing where you should go. Patience is a virtue they say.

Once you get in line then it is a simple process of waiting and following directions of the staff to direct you to the entrance of Cobo where you can go right into the arena and off load and set up. Since I am local and drag my trailer home I am not sure of where you can park your trailer down there or at the hotel you are staying at. What car are you bringing will look it up? Hope this helps and good luck

8. 49_Caddy

49_Caddy
    1. GMB

3PM on Saturday is the actual race, but I think the ramp will be up the whole show to play with.

I'm not actually affiliated with Deadlast CC, but from what I understand, it's no rules.

Deadlast CC has a facebook event created for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/events/390891964387894/

9. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

Jim, Good info. Ft Street it is. Yes, I'm upstairs. I'll be in my avatar ('34 Plymouth) but with new paint, flames/graphics, wheels/tires, redesiged grille shell/insert, and a bunch of other small freshen up items. - - - and a DAMPER!!!

We've put alot of effort into our display too.

I've been told that the show provides a lot for trailers a few blocks away for about $100. Well spent money if it's secure.

AA6

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  10. Well i found out today the trailer i generally use is not available to hall the fiat to Cobo this Thur evening....and u haul won't rent me a car hauler as my Jeep doesn't meet their rules...so......looks like i might have to try and find a local Hamb member to do it and offer to pay....

11. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

As if we'd leave you hanging, Mark.

12. Naw, i was hoping you'ld be up for it...glass ya called..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Good deal Dan. Glad to see Mark's buyin ur beer all weekend.

Call if you get in a bind. My trailers in Monroe.

14. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Any HAMB members , please stop by the badass buick area downstairs and introduce yourself, would like to put faces and names together.
    Its been a long time since I was looking foward to showing at cobo but after this winter I cant wait to get aroung cars and their people.
    See you at the show........... John

[​IMG]

15. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

Well got the trailer dug out of the snow bank and made my locking gas cap this weekend. I was not sure on how big of a deal it was,but I didn't want to take any chances.I love working with brass.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

16. Nice cap..brass looks great...i was looking around for a cap today...but didn't like the ones i found on line

17. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

We'll be goin again. Can't wait! Making the Trip from Buffalo. Wouldn't miss it! Looking forward to hanging out with everyone again.

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

Heading out the door at 6:00 p.m. to start my first of three, possibly four overnight shifts.... So folks,.... You probably wont see me,... But I'll be there....

Everybody , have fun and stay safe !.. Detroit Autorama IS a Hot Rod Tradition !

19. Rudy; I was very sorry to hear that you were no longer involved in the show ! I was looking forward to seeing you again....:confused:
    Ron