Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dallas Tx mill and lathe help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john~N~dallas, Dec 14, 2013.

1. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

I am planning a build of a power bead roller! I am looking for someone in the DFW Metro plex that can help me turn down two pieces of 7/8 cold rolled stress proof stock .. The stock is 36 inches in length , however I only need to turn down 2 inches on the end to 20mm and mill a 6mm key way. On the opposite end I will need turn it down to 1/2inch about an inch from the end.

I will have a 24inch length of 1 3/4 OD 3/8 wall DOM tubing. I will need 1/8 milled off of the sides so it will have two flat sides and the flat side to flat side will measure 1 1/2.

I will also have some 1x1 1/2 bar stock that I will need to drill some 7/8 holes in. I could do this on my drill press but if you have a mill it may be better so i can get exact centers drilled. I will also have a few more loose ends to tie up but this is the bulk of the work and if I can get this far I could take it from there at home...

If anyone here can help me with this project please let me know. I can also pay you for your time. Or if you can recommend some one or a shop that may be able to help I would really appreciate it. Thanks John

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App! Using iPhone 6

2. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

I got the internals done by a guy on a different site... However the side plates are way to heavy to ship.. Any one with a bridgeport that is willing to help me out .. If there was a decent bridgeport for sale I would prob just buy that and do it myself..

I have 2 pieces 1/2 inch steel plate that I already cut down to 8"x36" I need it squared up. I need a pocket milled out 3/8 deep roughly 3x3 and a 24 inch slit about an inch wide... Thanks John

Jfranco7923 on Instagram if anyone wants to check it out.. Since I can't post pics here from my phone anymore.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App! Using iPhone 6