Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blower guys What camshaft? Will this combo work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rawcjw19, Jul 24, 2013.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

When you really think about it, and consider that it all started just 130 some odd years ago, with a single cylinder 4 stroke making less than 1 hp, and you REALLY THINK about whats going on there, its like some kind of insane mechanical alchemy. Taking a little melted down dead dinosaur goo, mixing it with air, and lighting it off under pressure leads to THIS??!! This sort of barely contained, fire & brimstone, insane mechanical mayhem?? And I can do this?? HOLY SHIT!! Screw Dr. Frankenstein, that was penny ante kid stuff!!

2. Beaner,

Thanks for the idea, I might give it a try if the current fix doesn't take care of the problem. The Weiand 142 has a 1/8 pipe plug located just above the rotors under the carb on the passenger side of the case. I put a fitting there that has 3/8 barbed on one end and 1/8 pipe on the other. The only thing I may end up having to do is turn a plug to press into the barbed end to make a reduced size orifice restricting the vacuum flow. Right now there is so much flow that it acts like a carb vacuum leak and I can't idle the engine down as far as I would like. I also worry that it might be causing a slight leaning out issue.

Larry

3. afaulk

afaulk

Most excellent tech. and constructive comments from falcongeorge.

4. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Okay I changed it up alittle. 350 crate engine, patriot aluminum heads 190 cc intakerunners 2.02/1.6 valve (stock stamped rockers hopefully), 8:1 commpression,2x 600 holley dp,6-71 5-6# boost,700r4,no stall 31 inch tire.
    Hydraulic roller cam. The cam suppliers have really been different on suggestions. and I don't know much. I want street performance may take it to the track once in awhile. I had 1 offer this custom grind that actually wanted all my info. What is your thoughts? 276/284 @.050 223/227 .535/.545 lift lsa 112

I want it to last on the street and not be overcammed I,m new to hydraulic rollers Is this going to be to much lift for my valves and springs to last?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  5. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

get a nitrous cam - same principle

6. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Not even close.

Some of the NMRA classes pushed the limits of hydraulic roller stuff 10 years ago . . . 260s @ .050" and almost .700" lift.