Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

No no, big changes for ya brother :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. It was hard to believe that you could make that car any cooler:cool:....but you are!!!

Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Hummm, can't believe I'm saying this, but that is the first sbc car:eek: that looks like a fun match for my little Flathead

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

See ya there Skotz......were all going to have to wear name tags. :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. duct tape:...the racer's nametag!...cheap, easy, don't fall off.

5. Ya!, what Joel said. Don't believe I'll have enough for Quain & the Grand Illusion (maybe a bit more power, but I'm packing a good 800+ lbs more of beef). However, I think I'll have enough to pluck a "Rotten Orange from the tree", & kick some asphalt in Engine Slow's face with that 56-1/3 Chevy. Lord knows I've talked enough s@%T, now I gotta make our ole girl git! I don't want Joel & Johnny re-naming our car "Yesterdays Redheaded Step Child"!

6. josh77

josh77

I don't mind taking that chance.......:cool:
    [​IMG]

7. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Engine slow, that is actually funny, hope to prove you very wrong my friend.....:D

8. Hey low tens in a "Heavy Chevy" with an iron lunged rat ain't nuth'n to sneeze at. Fred Texierra had the B/G record out here in'67-'68 in the 10 teens & 20's, and it took an injected A990 Hemi/Clutch Flight in a light weight Willys!

9. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Consider that chance as an open offer

10. josh77

josh77

Cool. I've tried to get my father in law to bring his 292 powered 57 Chevy truck, but I think he's afraid of it........

11. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Awesome man, can't wait till July, should be a great time! He needs to bring that thing, even if he don't want to run it, the more iron there the better!!! Can always put it in the car show if he is scared of it as you say.

12. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I have not posted this in a while , but if you are interested in racing in the North VS South Stick shift gasser race at the Meltdown, Please contact me. We have a couple spots open for a few more cars.

13. ..,and make sure you sign in for the south. :)

14. Done! Worked well! Oh...and Quain yer ahead of the curve again...Check out May Car Craft....Blue Lace/paneled car on cover with article.....Some things never go outta style!! By the way,whats the best et/mph outta yer Willys? If ya don't wanna say,thats ok....

Attached Files:

15. A couple of train lengths quicker than the "Killer Komquat" :)

16. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Your Shovel Redline? Very nice. :cool:

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

You guys and your bikes are getting me all Antsy for springtime and riding weather!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Soooo, is there any "Northern Flathead cars" to go against a couple of "Southern" cars coming that a way:D

Can't believe it....."Flathead Smack Talk"....all because of Pannington Bros. Racing getting stuff stirred up:rolleyes:....haha

19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Gene and Melvin got her loaded up today ready for the trip to the meltdowns. Just kidding they are headed for a secret photo shoot. But don't be surprised if this is what they show up with in July, the same trailer the 2 traveled all over the country with in the 60s the only difference is the ranchero was a 1958 then. [​IMG][​IMG]

20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I don't care how they get here...I'm just glad they're coming. It would be cool if it showed up on the old trailer though.

21. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Great pictures Quain!

22. Ya we bean together 33 years....ohhhh if it could talk.....

23. Quain:

Hats off to you for making that really great picture of Melvin and Gene along with the Moonlighter possible.

24. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Has anyone started a hotel thread for this event. The meltdown Web Site says the two places they usually use are full already. What's the alternatives?

25. just google Rockford, Illinois motels, you should get a great list

26. If your on facebook, click the post below to see the majority of pre pregistered cars. 285 to date.

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.691121250928679.1073741830.170589576315185&amp;type=1" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.691121250928679.1073741830.170589576315185&amp;type=1">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meltdown-Drags/170589576315185">Meltdown Drags</a>.</div></div>

27. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Will there be a cut off?

28. bigslim55

bigslim55

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR HOTEL GO ON www.tripadvisor.com In box, Search Rockford, IL. It will then show a BOX that says 24 hotels, CLICK on that box & you will get a LIST of the 24 Hotels from best to worst. You can then click on the hotel you want to check out to get phone number, prices or open dates... It's easy to Navigate this site... Hope this helps, Jimbo

29. Saxxon

Saxxon

Just confirmed our stay at the Rockford Motel. We've been there for the past 2 years with no complaints.

The place looks like a rough ride through Detroit when you first pull up but the beds are comfortable, sheets are clean and the water hot. No bed bugs, Ac works well and there is Wi-Fi. The rates are $50 / room for 2 beds and you can check in as early as 6:30 am.

Not world class but it's close to the highway and on the some side as Byron. Walmart up the street and a few basic restaurants within 5 minutes

30. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

I love the look of that little purple Chevy II. There's a lot of cool cars going for sure.