Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '53 Chrysler Hemi Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steve in N.C., Jul 21, 2013.

1. George

George

Is there an adaptor for 727 to long tail w/o hacking up the 727?

2. Volare....oh oh oh.....Volare...whoa whoa whoa.....any one using those 75-79 I think - for a bolt in....?

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I love hearing that, it helps keep the soul of the car intact and the cool factor up there. Nothing wrong with using more modern stuff to supplement the old hemi (preferably hidden) but the original motor is what makes the car. Bob Walker at Hot Heads can definitely hook you up with the parts you need.
    What are your thoughts on car color and wheels?

4. Steve in N.C.

Steve in N.C.

This definitely Isn't My First rodeo Cosmo.I have purchased a couple dozens of Suspension Parts including Dropped spindles..These ARE Pricey ! WoW ! How Some Guys Are Willing to help when others want to Pick apart what One says..Just Trying to get some advice on the Original Suspension Vs Aftermarket components Is All..concerning the 727 Torqueflight Trans.This wagon has the 331 hemi,which has the extended block.When Mating the 727 You have to have the bellhousing removed and use the components in the adapter kit...The One I have has been Professionally done and looks very well...

5. 73RR

73RR

...no...

6. Steve in N.C.

Steve in N.C.

If It's done Correctly It's Not Hacked up !!

7. George

George

Gary (73RR), & T R Waters aint bad either

8. Bredlo

Bredlo
    from Chicago

Would love to hear an update on this project, Steve in N.C. What's join on with the wag?

9. Nobody wants to see yet another car destroyed because someone jumped into a frame swap thinking it was somehow easier or cheaper when in reality it never is easier or cheaper than the bolt on parts after you figure labor, engineering and fabrication, so in mid project with everything in pieces they gave up.

When you say things like "Cavalier Steering Box" when they're a rack and pinion car and that you have an adaptor to bolt up a 727 to a long bell Hemi, people are naturally going to think you have no idea what you're talking about and have never built a car before.

People drove those cars 100,000 miles or more on the original parts when they were new without problems. There's no reason you can't use them on a pleasure car that may see only a few thousand miles a year. Meausre, compare, and see what may work without spending the money on the aftermarket parts. Research before you touch the car - then go back and research it all again.

Edit: older post. I hope you're still researching and haven't touched the car yet.

10. srt

srt

my son has a 53 chrysler town & country wagon, flathead 6. as you work on yours we would like to keep up to date on your progress as well as the mods you make/made. [email protected] thanks

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I like the styling of the stainless.