Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1926 Ford Model T Fordor Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoronetRTguy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I have found a few different cars as of late and one of them is a Fordor 1926 T. The body of the car is straight and I'm told no rust. It is sitting inside a garage with others cars in a collection.

Does anyone have pics of what can be done to make these have that look?

At the same time I have found a two door coup that I have been talking to the guy for a year and might be close to making a deal on that one.

For right now I would love to see some pics of what can be done to these cars to make them pop. I would like to run full fenders but that is not set in stone either.

Thanks everyone.

Only pic I could find so far that makes me think it can be done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. olskool34

olskool34

4 doors are all wood framed and the 26-7 T is built more like the A's with steel framing. I would lean toward the coupe if I were you.

3. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thanks olskool, the coup has been burning a hole in my mind and I'm still talking with the guy and working on a deal.

This is the coup and it has a lot of extra parts with it.

Attached Files:

4. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Yes! That car is very respectable. Run the Banger, level it out, have fun!

5. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I was thinking about that, isn't it called a gojob? This coup has me I just can't afford it right now but we are still talking on price.

I would like to find out what the other model T parts are worth he has extras of just about the whole car. I know fenders, hood and gauges not sure what else.

6. OFT

OFT

Think it is called "gowjob".

In the end, the coupe will always be worth more than 4dr and less work to make it look good.

7. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I agree and it is hot on my radar just trying to work out a deal on it. I keep getting hit with doctor bills and the more I want to say you are not taking my hot rod money the more they are lol.

8. olskool34

olskool34

T's seem to be hot right now, I am building a 25 roadster on an A chassis. Another guy on here is starting a build with a 26-7 coupe on an A chassis. If you can afford it, the T coupe is a way better starting point. Just my opinion.

9. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I'm hoping to get caught up on a few bills and I'm hoping the car will still be there. I think it will be, it has been for sale now for a year or just a little over it.

The coup is the one I would really love to build on and I think if I don't get it I will go back to my original plan of building a Bucket.

10. olskool34

olskool34

If you are planning to just use the body, think of what you could sell off to re-coop some of the purchase price. I sold my t chassis and drivetrain for 1k and my fenders for another 500. Good coupe rear fenders go for good money.

11. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Yeah I was thinking of selling of the extra parts. I want to run full fenders and I think he has two sets of fenders and hood sides. Also a lot of gauges it's a full car and I think enough to build or almost build a second car.

Thanks for the info on what pricing of parts could be.

Where did you list the parts?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. olskool34

olskool34

Listed the fenders on ford barn and the chassis too. Not much interest on the ford barn for the chassis so i put it on the auction site and it sold to a guy in Ohio, he mainly wanted the engine and rear fenders. he left the front fenders and I sold them locally.

13. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Okay thanks I saw the Ford Barn last night interesting sight. I really want that coup.

14. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Heres some T Coupe pikkys for you to consider.

The Condor coupe is, in my view the best looking T Coupe out there, and I suspect the reason it looks so good is that it was shortened thru the doors and thru the side window. And it sits right ands it screams "hot rod" - well to me anyhow.

The other one is a stock size T Coupe I owned till a little while back. Was a 70s throwback when I got it but we had issues so changed it a bit. By the time we had finished changing it, I figured I should have started with a fresh frame and built something like the Condor coupe. I regretted that I didnt so rather than stat again, I sold the car. New owner is having a ball with it.

I dont like T's or A's that are fenderless and with spindly looking side rails. They just look wrong to me - and thats why I figure A's look right on a 32 chassis.

Attached Files:

15. olskool34

olskool34

16. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I hate that "bent" look. To each his own, I guess.

17. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I'm not a big fan of the back of the car sitting high. I can't say I hate it because I have seen a couple I liked but not what I would do on my car...I dont think.

18. Not sure about the Fordors, but my 26 Tudor Sedan only had wood in the roof and floorboards..the rest is metal

Attached Files:

19. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

That is a sweet looking T! Makes me wonder if I could take the car and make it into a two door using the original doors?

Do you have a link to more pics of your car?

20. You have a PM, sir...

21. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thanks I just sent one back.

22. olskool34

olskool34

26-7 4 door sedans are all wood framed, just like the earlier models. They are not like the 26-7 coupes or tudors sadly.

23. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thanks, I think louvers told me that too and it slipped my mind.

What did cop cars look like back in the day? I wonder what a hot rod cop car looking T would look like.

24. Mike

Mike

Have a look at my '26 Tudor pictured in my avatar. A Fordor done in that style would look very similar.