Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas Thaw -2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Denise - don't worry to much about the cookies - will you be able totake some heads with you -or place them in someone's care?

thrashing on the wagon -needing to finish the front end and get the pipes right...wanting to pull stands and be driving er' again....

lawrence

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Tim Pogue, AKA Junior Stock will keep as many as I need him to and bring them with him to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green. I'll get them from him there if not sooner. If you do have any heads for me please let me know as I'd really like to trade cookies for them.....unless of course you don't like cookies.:D

3. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Slicks? What happened to the mud-n-sno's and a couple of bare 283 blocks in the trunk?
    by the way anybody seen Skotzs tow car driver?
    [​IMG]

4. Denise....think there are 5 in the pile....will take an IOU for the cookies though..

And hoping my old buddy brings out his Nova again....will start pestering tomorrow....on his facebook page !

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds good bud! Thanks! :cool:

6. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Everyone over here at Texas Thunder is just waiting for the 1st.....after this bit of cool weather...whatever the Thaw tosses at us will be just fine...and there will be a bit of a party at the shop after...some of the cars from Houston will "camp" at my place and then race at the Motorplex for the Mopar deal and an all makes NSS event on the 28th/29th............and one that I have to put the graphics on while it is here.

Every one is welcome..........

Mark

7. senior fried

senior fried

Hey Mark, Thanks for the invite !!!! Should be fun as always !

8. bigken

bigken

You know you want one............

Attached Files:

9. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Can't wait. James is ready with his FED. Says he's looking for some guy named Skotz that has a fever.

[​IMG]

10. Oh my gosh.....it's the tow car driver hisself.....Flatheads towin Flatheads.....do I detect a "full Moon:eek:" this weekend....haha
    Doc,
    Get that rear end(of the car, that is) fixed....I need a Flathead tow buddy. The little Dragster is getting close to back together:D....whoo hoooo.

11. James,
    Now you are in one of the coolest Dragsters:cool: I have ever seen....
    I can envision these 2 Dragsters all lined up at the tree.....HOLD IT....that's not one of those "pesky overhead valve engines:eek:" in your car, is it....got to keep an eye on you SA Rebels....trying to sneak one over on me...haha:D

12. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Nice test signal......now back to our regular scheduled program.

13. Gee whiz Doc,
    For some reason, I thought "the first one to get to the end" was the winner:eek:.....never was too much for that sitting around for "several" seconds and then playing "catch up"......waaay down there:D...(ouch, that mighta stung....but "hahaha"....anyway:cool:)

Oh, yea.....I will need your towing assistance once again...."groveling again"...can't believe I'm admitting such things?....HAHAHA

Almost have the engine back together....was torquing the heads back on....pulled the stud where the gaskets blew on dyno day.....helicoiled it ....back at it in the morning.....sooo much fun:rolleyes:.....oh yea, I almost forgot....I'm gonna kick your ass!!!!

14. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Is there a preferred Hotel/Motel to stay at?

15. Fired up the little dragster today....a few evenings of thrashing and it will be ready:D

Doc,
    You got the new third member in yet.....I'm looking for ya....got to add a rear view mirror so I can keep you in sight:rolleyes:.....hahaha.....trash talk at its finest...."ol Casey" would fit right in about now

16. bigken

bigken

Hey Bill, the Best Western on 380, @ I-35 is nice. Northeast corner.......really hope to see your tail up here.
    Remind me of your favorite beverage.:D

17. Andy,
    Did you find a replacement bell housing yet....I want to see that little green "foreign" car up there....need as many Ford powered cars as we can get....even if it has the valves turned the wrong way:eek:

18. Shoot Fire....Trash Talking isn't out of fad....anybody that thinks that ought to check out the "Meltdown Drags" posts, seems to be standard fare, or you just getting scared that my little Flathead(that you drag to the line), is gonna leave you smelling my exhaust fumes:eek:.....hahaha

Texas Thaw....good way to start out 2014.....Thanks to the Torques for again giving us a place to run our ol cars:D

19. Talked to Andy, he got his bell housing problem fixed, also talked to Big Ken.....the track has Methanol for sale, for those who may run the stuff.

That danged ol Hot Rod Bill already has his 34 altered in the trailer....Mister Organized.....hahaha

Getting closer to having the FED together....counting the days

Watch out Doc, hadn't forgot about you:rolleyes:

20. I'm keep trying to get the Gizzle Hopper to come out of her nice warm comfy nest (garage) and into the trailer. She was bitchin her ass off about it. I told her that the Scorpion 5 will be there and she smiled and hopped right into the trailer. She has a "thing" about Scorpions....

See ya'll there.

21. Ummmm, the smell of Nitromethane.....ummmmm

Looking forward to seeing everybody this weekend

22. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

See you there Gang!

23. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

The weather is looking great....high saturay 78....partly cloudy....my room is booked

24. Bill,
    You need to "drag" Kathy out your neck of the woods to come up to the Thaw....it would be good therapy for her:D
    It will be good to see you, have a safe drive

25. Ron,
    Ya bringing "my" white 56?.....Yes I would own that "chevy":eek:....hahaha

26. got the wagon off the stands....pipes on....going for a little caster camb'r help in the morning....did a little clean out of er' but boy she sure needs a good washing...hate to do it but.....heads ready for transfer from the PT....

lwf

27. senior fried

senior fried

Big Texas Race!

Attached Files:

28. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

After you installed the flathead,right?

29. Shhhhh, Tim......don't tell him of my "secret" plans:rolleyes:...haha

30. seatex

seatex

GAWD, I HATE ALL OF YOU BASTARDS!!!!!! Sunny and 78 in the forecast...............must be cause I can't make it!:(:p:confused: