Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my new 56 f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cjvale, Feb 13, 2014.

1. cjvale

cjvale
    from Napa ca.

Thanks for the info I will check them out. I can't wait to start a build thread...

2. conormulroney

conormulroney

One thing to think about with frame swapping. The original frame has the VIN stamped on it. If you swap it and need a VIN verification (out of state sale, accident?) it may cause problems if left unaddressed. Just something to consider.

3. cjvale

cjvale
    from Napa ca.

I have given it thought. I am doing research on how I can have CHP stamp both frames to match the original. I won't make any drastic changes until I get a 100% confirmation. Thanks for the thought ...

4. cjvale

cjvale
    from Napa ca.

Well the work has paid off I found a frame and will be picking it up this weekend... All thanks too Robert Mitchell*who works at Fantasy Fords / F 100’s located in Sacramento, CA. I found the guy on craigslist.org

Guy was not even posting a frame I think he was selling a few parts for the f100... I lucked out big time!!!
    If anyone in nor cal needs parts for their f100 hit this guy up he has lots of parts...

5. cjvale

cjvale
    from Napa ca.

Well the first set of project have started. I found out the brake cylinder was leaking bad in the rear so thanks to rock auto I replaced both in the rear for good measure.

I also took off both rear fenders because I will be replacing them with ones that need less work after I get them soda blasted.

Hood is off for better access for the major tune session I am going to do after the carb gets rebuilt.
    I picked up the NEW frame today and after some cleaning and cutting I will show the process. I can't wait to start building the frame, boxing in, building the mustang II and a few other surprises.... enjoy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  6. cnvale, please do! I have a similar problem down in San Diego. I have a cab from one truck with no papers on a butchered chasis, a stock frame from another truck which had papers but that truck was partially built w/ a new custom chassis and the papers are staying with the other truck. I seriously considering buying the other truck project as well, for three reasons, 1. It has papers! 2. It's a really good buy (but not really hamb friendly, it's a '55 F100 roller with custom chassis that has MII front suspension, T-Bird independent rear suspension, tilt steering, New aluminum radiator, pretty darn clean body, mounts for a SBC / auto, but he's keeping the motor trans for another project) and 3. The price is right - $2500.00! The only reason I'm even hesitant in my thinking about buying it is it's not really the truck I wanted to build, and to get it where I want it, I'd almost be better off trashing the complete chassis under it. Sorry, wrote way more than I'd planned explaining My situation on your post! :eek:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Ps. Subscribed! Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. cjvale

cjvale
    from Napa ca.

Blownfuel... thanks bud. I'm getting the DMV paperwork done this week... I have so many ideas running through my head, it's a good thing my pay checks come once a month and the wife has access over my account... I plan on just getting my build plans done within the next few weeks and going to the good guys show for inspiration at the end of the month... I am excited every day for the future...

9. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Fun project. Keep up the motivation and it will turn out well. I have a '55 F100, nothing really special but I love it.

FWIW you could probably easily double your money if you brought that up here to MN in that condition.

Enjoy and have fun!

10. aircoup

aircoup

building another 56 small window as we speak , volare front end I installed twenty years ago a big nine inch a 351 Windsor , c4 trans gonna have a wild custom paint job , just filled all the seams on the dash and am adding the deluxe trim across the entire thing

11. aircoup

aircoup

how much do ya wanna sell those old ones for?? pm me

12. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like you bought a very nice truck! Congrats. :D
    I bought my '56 back in '67 and kept it until the mid '70s. It was also yellow, with a granny 4-speed and stock 272. I found and installed a built tri-power 312 shortly after purchase and used it daily until gas jumped in price in '73. :mad: Sold it to build a new home, but am keeping tract of another tri-power Y-block '56 in the area in case it ever comes up for sale. I still miss that '56! :(:cool:

13. Great truck, mate! I've got a 54 which is patiently waiting for me to finish...someday!

14. cjvale

cjvale
    from Napa ca.

Thanks Rob and big hue.... I have started cleaning the donor frame. I also picked up a nice working 9" to put under it.

I started looking closer at the IFS kits and holy cow are they expensive for some of the simplest ones. How can one place charge so much more for the same parts... I understand manufacturer name means a lot but in the parts game this is crazy.... still have not decided on which one I will go with, I think I will go to the good guys show and ask around d. Unless anyone has some ideas... I don't mind buying piece by piece if I get the better deal. I want to keep this build under a certain number and the IFS isn't something I want to cheap on but I also don't want to break budget...

Thanks for lookin.