Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone recognize these parts??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X77D80, Feb 24, 2014.

1. X77D80

X77D80
    from New Mexico

My father in law brought me a bunch old parts they had saved over the years and there are a couple of parts I am hoping I could get some help identifying. First is this spot light, any idea what it is? & what it may have come on originally? I don't really see me using it on my 47, but it is kind of cool with the built in mirror..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is this old visor. I thought it might be for my 47 but it's not like any other I have seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And lastly, there is the grill piece. It definitely looks like it fits my 47 but again I haven't ever seen one a car before. Could it have been an aftermarket molding or just another option???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. 48bill

48bill

Grille piece is from a 48 Chevrolet. Same grille as a 47 with the addition of this center bar and the bolt. The top bolt is unique to the 48 center bar.The 48 grille without this bar will have a hole centered in the bottom grille bar.

3. X77D80

X77D80
    from New Mexico

Thank you Bill. I guess the grill in my car was from a 48 as it does have the hole. The grill in the pic is what is left of the original, it was pretty beat up so it got swapped when the car was painted 20 years ago or so.
    Thank you again,
    Nick

4. The spot is more for a 50's vehicle (like my '56 pickup :)).

5. smoothie51

smoothie51

Google images of '52 to '54 Fords. My wife's custom is a '53 Victoria and some of the cars back then had a spot with a mirror -- I don't know if these were factory installed or done at the dealers.

Smoothie

"It Ain't an Old Car .... It's an Attitude !!"

6. X77D80

X77D80
    from New Mexico

Thank you guys I appreciate the info. Here is steering wheel he brought me, anyone know what it was from? it is pretty cool as that ring handle in it turns like those balls you mount to the out side of some steering wheels..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Guide is a GM division, so it is likely a GM application, but I believe that Guide had substantial aftermarket sales too. Their spotlights had a really unusual rack and pinion gearing on the rotation...I would guess this was to dodge Unity patents.

The wheel with the built-in spinner handle was offered for quite a while on different apps, including some pickups. It is likely crazy valuable amongst lowriders and restorers. Really.

8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

My dad's 57 Chevrolet sedan delivery had that same spotlight.

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

For the steering wheel, google 1941 Chevrolet accessory steering wheel :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. X77D80

X77D80
    from New Mexico

Thank you guys :)

11. FIRME56

FIRME56

That T bar is for a 48 fleetline like mine; which I am missing (wink wink).. let me know if u want to sell. That steering wheel is worth some serious flow restored

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Those steering wheels were bringing big money on eBay, I sold one worse than that - twice after the first clown didn't pay - for over $400. The lowrider crowd loves that stuff.

13. X77D80

X77D80
    from New Mexico

:eek: Holy crap!! I had no idea it would be worth anywhere near that. That will almost pay for my new rear spring kit. :D

Rustynewyorker,
    Can I ask you what you called it in your ebay listing? I have looked for others under Accessory wheel and can't find anything.

Arkiehotrods,
    Thank you again for the name of it. I did google it and found one that was close but not exact.

FIRME56,
    I am not sure yet what I will do with it but if I decide to get rid of it I will let you know.

Thanks again everyone for your help in identifying these parts.