Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Saw this car in a garage in Denver a few years ago. Owned by a collector who bought and sold a lot of cars. We were there to deliver a Pontiac Woody he had purchased from a friend of ours. He had it all covered up except for a little bit of the lower front grill. He says to me - "you'll never guess what this is" to which I said "Pontiac?" The guy just about flipped out on me. The only difference I remember was that he had '54 Pontiac hubcaps on it I think. I heard it sold at Barrett Jackson the year after the Oldsmobile version sold for over $3 million - I think the Bonneville was just around 2 and 1/2 Mill.

2. vintageracer37

vintageracer37

My thoughts exactly! Airplanes, cheesecake, street scenes. Anything that evokes an era that I wasn't there to see in person interests me. "Vintage Shots From Days Gone By". Although cars are a BIG part of my life, I like to think that I am not just a one trick pony. Just sayin :)

3. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]
    buick flamingo Motorama car
    [​IMG]\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. swi66

swi66

5. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

I just go to the last post and work backwards until I see something familiar. Works quite well.

6. hudson48

hudson48

I think this thread is one that should have less restrictions compared to the direct car forums.I think everyone loves the vintage pics in general. And I love the "cheesecake" ones especially.:eek:

7. I don't have any problem with whatever the moderators decide to do with this thread - period. I love cheesecake, but at times it gets overwhelming. As far as trains - maybe that's okay, though not my thing. Planes and boats of any kind, I could definitely do without. I like still shots of people with no cars in the picture, but if that's OT, I get it.

I would figure that at least some of the pages that are gone are a result of photos that were posted on host pages where the links no longer work. In that regard, I am an offender.

This has been my favorite thread - period - on the web for some time. I still see a lot of great material being posted. Unfortunately, I also see more drama and OT content all the time, even with the mods cautioning against such activity.

It's been great and I hope it continues for a long time. However, I believe we're nearing the finish line.

8. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

9. 4everblue

4everblue

I love this thread. Sure there is stuff I could care less about but I learned how to use the scroll wheel. I love the cheesecake also. I can say the only things I've ever seen on here I didn't care for were the pictures of Nazis.

That said, I saw another favorite thread shut down by the powers that be, it's their sandbox.

10. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Anybody got a guess what the car in the garage is?
    A 1955 Thunderbird JR electric powered promotional car is in the foreground.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. My "guess" would be a '52, '53 or '54 Ford.

12. 4door

4door
    from ontario

Cannonball's & Crackerbox's

Attached Files:

13. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

I've seen topics that were less OT than this one get deleted. Posts complaining about posts getting deleted won't help.
    IMO it's always better to contact the mods privately if you have concerns.

Good point.
    The 25 million views this topic has gotten should put things in perspective for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.