Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the Whittier SFS area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crookshanks, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Just relocated to the Whittier/Santa Fe Springs area from Salt Lake. Looking for some good local cruising and at the moment... a generator repair shop! Any homies in the area?

2. barebones32

barebones32

Mooneyes, Limeworks, BDS blowers, Taylor Custom Engines are all local shops.

3. DaMayor

DaMayor
    from Whittier

Yeah, i know, old post. But the only guy to use is SMU, 13049 Telegraph, Santa Fe Springs, 562-944-3221

4. 562roadster

562roadster

YEP! SMU is a good one. Welcome to Whittier.

5. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

SPU is the generator repair shop ask for Jim , top guy, starters, generators & alternators too.

6. DaMayor

DaMayor
    from Whittier

That Limey guy is brilliant!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I can say "Welcome to Whittier/Santa Fe Springs because even though I don't live in that area anymore, Whittier is my hometown and my Aunt (RIP) lived in SFS for decades. I can remember when there was open fields and oil wells. It was much better then.
    By the way, I have a close friend who went to Santa Fe High and has been living in SLC for 20 some years now.
    During the summer there's a weekly cruise night at Rubys on Whittier Blvd and in August, Whittier has a big car show uptown on Greenleaf Ave. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the Greater Whittier Area.

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Here are a few photos of SFS during the 50s

Attached Files:

9. DaMayor

DaMayor
    from Whittier

Check out the car show 2/22/2014 at the WACC church on Colima and Mar Vista St. Pre-registration is sold out already.

'33 Ford pickup, chopped, channelled, 401 Nailhead, dual quads, 4 speed muncie, Ford 9"

10. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Sweet! Thanks guys. I actually used SPU and was extremely happy with a generator rebuild. Even ran it on the bench for us. Loving SFS. Mooneyes, Eggy, Limeworks, BDS and a host of small proud shops. We are hitting up the show tomorrow.

11. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Still looked just like that she. I was a kid in the 60's and even a bit in the early 70's!

12. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I remember even though I wasn't around in the 50s, I do remember the 70s. I remember when going down Florence, (which dead-ended at the time) and I could see Moon Equipment from a distance because it was all open space. There were a lot of oil tanks on Imperial highway.

13. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

I live there for 25years Santa Fe Springs now live in Wrong Beach welcome!