Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rock'N'Race Reunion Dragway 42 West Salem Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Don,
    Big Bob 55 wanted you to have this,but couldn't get it to post.
    "This photo says it all about Rock and Race!"

[​IMG]

2. Old picture! My car has lots more scratches on it now! Happy Pappy bruised me that day too! That truck can fly!

3. Great! And good point! This is a show too! This place is big and a big part of the event is the show and lots of people camping and having a good time with the racing and the bands! You will have a great time!

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I took that picture at the 3rd (I think maybe 2008 or so?) Rock and Race at Dragway 42.
    I took this photo while I was set up vending. This photo is now my screen saver on my computer !
    Rebel Reaper verses Happy Pappy....it doesn't get any better than this !!
    Glad you liked the photo Don...I have a lot of respect for you and what you do both on and off the track. Best of luck at R&R 2014

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  5. bustingear

bustingear

Start with Rockabilly for one ...it seems to be the poison of choice for most sueded car guys

6. yep, waiting for one band to send me a press kit. I will also hit up the bands that are playing at the Hot Rod Asylum next month!

7. Thanks Bob! Let me know if you need a good spot to vend ;) hehe

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I may just do that Don....I'll be at IX center vending (spots C58-60 I think) I'll see you up there in March.

9. Cool, they are estimating 45,000 people for that show! The Hot Rod Asylum is going to be rockin!

10. bustingear

bustingear

Don the Road Rockets do a music hot rod show in Indy every year (road rocket rumble)and the bands are a big part
    They have a website and Yu might touch base with them on music. They seem to have t wired

11. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I vend at Road Rocket Rumble every year Don...."bustingear" is right great event, 12 bands in 3 days
    Only event I vend at where I set up on Carpet and have Air Conditioning !!

12. derbydad276

derbydad276

you need a booth in the basement at the Detroit Autorama

13. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

We all went for several years and then just stopped going.
    Last time there we waited around all night for Lords of the Highway (Sugar was still with them) and by the time they hit the stage they were so damn drunk they could barely play.
    That seemed like the tone for the whole event.

14. I hope you come back Grumpy! I stopped going when they raised the year cut off for the cars. Mental note, Have Lords of the Highway play first:D

15. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Is the car show side rules the same as the drag race side as far as year cut off and other like wheels and scoops?

16. Too late in the game for that...I may make it to the Detroit Auto-Rama this year though.

On a side note, did you know we have a Soap Box Derby track set up in the Hot Rod Asylum at the Cleveland Auto-Rama? It's for kids of all ages to try out! I heard Littleman was racing some kids last year!

I will have plenty of flyers at the Slick Devils' display area in the Hot Rod Asylum!

17. Car show side applies to the year cut off rule.

Newer cars must be pre-aproved and pre-registered. They must also have historic significance or nostalgic in apearance.

There are no rules for wheels or scoops at this event for show cars and race cars. Any car 1966 and older can register.

For the gasser class wheels and scoops may dictate what class they run, but they can all race!

18. bustingear

bustingear

Have them play drunk ....just first!

19. So some of the shows I have gone to have mini-bike drags, some have flash light bicycle drags, hot dog races etc..

I want a bicycle wheelie contest! That's right, at the Rock'N'Race bring out your vintage bike and glitter helmet and lets see if you can ride a wheelie all the way down the 1/4 mile! Let the trash talking commence!

Attached Files:

20. 65 GTO

65 GTO

Hay Don how about a mini bike race or pit bike race.

21. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

will there be a burn out contest

22. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Thanks for taking this show over Don. It used to be a great show. Looking forward to it. As far as bands. The Whiskey Daredevils, Blackgrass Baptism, A Train and the steamers. There are a ton of acts in the area that would be a good fit.
    See you there for sure.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  23. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Were is uncle scratch was a good show.. hope to see it bigger n better.

24. No plans at this time.

25. I know that this has been popular part of the show in the past, but the track surface is going to be brand new this spring and the contractor has advised against it.

26. I will look into these bands! Thanks!

27. Uncle Scratch was a great show, unfortunatly one of the members passed away a while back.

28. StreetShaker

StreetShaker

Don,

Congratulations on the gig!

I don't know if this is a case of one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing, but I know you didn't like being blindsided by track management or organizers at other events.

Please be aware of the following information that got posted in the past 24 hours by the administrator of Dragway 42's Junior Dragster Facebook page

Exciting announcement :

all junior dragsters are invited to race at Rock 'N' Race on August 29 at dragway 42!!

Even better the junior races for free with an adult admission.

Weekend passes are available.

https://www.facebook.com/Dragway42jrs

Based on your initial posting, I'm pretty sure that having the Briggs & Stratton kid's class in the program isn't what you or the HAMB-Nation had in mind for the Rock 'N' Race Reunion.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  29. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Please, NO JUNIOR DRAGSTERS!!!! These things are boring. I know this is a way to get kids into racing, but please not at this event!

30. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

ooooo man that sucks... hope them the best... uncle scratch was Good times... love the event hope it gets better,,,,,

jr drags are like watching paint dry....very slow... U think they would have a better time for them.... Its the old school racing that we love.....