Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lee Pratt nomad question

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by MEDDLER1, Feb 20, 2014.

1. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Does anyone know what lenses he used in his taillights? From the few pics I can find they don't appear to be "lee" chevy lenses but possibly the the "lee" Buick lense, or maybe 56 instead of 55. I'm referring to the lee aftermarket lenses. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

3. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

That is kind of what i was thinking it was. I really like the way they look in the 55 bezels. Also Does any one have a closer pic of how it looks at the bottom?

4. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

They do look great, its a old kustom taillight swap that goes back to about the day after the '56 Buick hit the show room floor

5. El Pratt

El Pratt

Atomic Kustom is right, they are '56 Buick. The fit is not perfect, they are narrower than the Chevy lens and they are not as deep at the bottom. After you trim the bottom of the lens to fit you can spread it apart. I mad a jig to hold it at the right width and carefully heated it with a heat gun so it would hold it's shape. If you use the clear inner lens as well it needs to be trimmed as well. If you don't completely understand my rambling they did a how to do it article in the Feb. 1957 Car Craft. Hope this helps, good luck.

6. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Thank you so much for the reply! As well as the tip. I do understand it and with that help I should be able to execute it nicely onto my 54. I may even have that issue of car craft so now Im off to my stash to check!

7. Jay71

Jay71

Its a bitchen look. I ruined a few Buick lenses trying to get them to fit how I wanted them to on my 55. I finally got lazy and just went with the after market Lee style lenses. They look nice but the Buick lenses look better in my opinion.

8. I like them too. I bought a set of NOS Buick lenses at Carlisle back in the 70's and butchered them to fit my 55. They are still there.

[​IMG]

9. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Damn those look great. I'm gonna do my best to get them to work. After I get the frames and body's all mounted up I will start updating my long over due build thread.