Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage EARLY FORD STORE - Holy Crap, Have You Ever Been There?!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Feb 20, 2014.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thee Inland Emperors stopped in to the Early Ford Store in San Dimas when we were down for GNRS. I knew about them, but I had no idea their selection was this insane!

Click HERE for the full tour!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Holly shit they have some cool stuff... nice store....

3. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

WOW. I've never heard of them. That would be a sweet shop to spend the day in

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Is the price on that Columbia rear end $4750? Is that how much they are going for? A buddy offered me one for $1500, but I haven't seen its condition yet...just curious.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

They are overpriced on stuff. I ordered a wheel from them because i needed it in a hurry so the high price i didnt mind. The wheel looked like it came off a clown car it was so bent. I even asked for a straight one to replace my bent one. The one they sent was way worse. Then theres the rebuilt 39 tranny they sold me that pops out of 2nd gear. Buyer beware i guesss.

6. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Keep in mind, this place is a business, so don't expect swap meet prices. Bill and Mike are very knowledgable, and fair to deal with. I was told they have a warehouse off site somewhere with even more stuff. Best deal in the store are the $10 tee shirts.

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Cool place to visit and nice people. Ton of stuff there....

8. desertdroog

desertdroog

Yes, it is a must stop whenever I am out Pomona way.

9. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Great place to vist and really nice people plus they know their stuff part numbers and all.

10. Shorty

Shorty

I called them and inquired about a hood for my 28 Tudor. They told me they would have to check their warehouse as they didn't have one at the store. I figured I wouldn't get a call back and kept searching for an original hood. Later that day I got a call back and they had the hood. The price was substantially less then a new re-pop. The shipping charges were minimal and I had the hood within a few days.

I am really impressed with their customer service. A few months later I was at the Rod Rider annual award meeting with a friend of mine and we decided to swing by the store on our way home. And just like you, we were truly blown away with what we saw. There also was a story about the Early Ford Store in a past issue of Hot Rod Delux that is worth reading.

If you are in San Dimas for whatever reason you must swing by and check them out. You will be glad you did.

11. Buz

Buz

I was there a couple of years ago, looked at stuff for over an hour. I did buy a shirt.

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I've been there a few times. a lot of parts, never bought anything

13. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

I have stopped in a couple of times. Love looking around in there. If the good lord says it's my time I hope it's in a place like that. Very nice guys too. I too have bought a tee shirt.

14. Yep, been there, great way spend half a day looking and listening!!! some real neat stuff.

15. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

yes, it's a great place. i feel happy just standing in there.

16. WOW! click the link you'll be happier....

17. Re: EARLY FORD STORE - Holy Crap, Have You Ever Been There?!?!?!

Yes, Many times for Many years. Bill also used to have a location selling used stuff at C.W. Moss' place in Orange where Ried's is now. That was much more handy :)

18. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Great store and the" photo trip" was great also.......was just like being there again. Hey Kirk! you even had me in one of the shots!!

19. I live only a couple miles from the EFS. The inventory is overwhelming for sure. I go by every few weeks just to see what's new to drool over. Bill and Mike are good guys to deal with.

20. BCR

BCR

Cool place for sure. I thought the store location was neat too.

21. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Stopped by there once during a GNRS week-end. What a collection of Ford parts. As I recall, their building was an old Ford dealership. Cool place.

22. verde742

verde742

that's what I could afford also , a T shirt, People ask me if I am rich? thinking I shop there, I realize its not a museum, and the guys just couldn't be nicer.

but, they really are there for the mun, and the fun.. love to work there, for the perks.

It's an old Ford Dealership.. NEAT PLACE

23. i'm in there every couple of weeks or so........ bill is cool as ice and mike has helped me figure out a couple of things on my model a projects..... not dirt cheap but not crazy....it depends on what it is..... some stuff holds more value.... holding it in your hand sure beats the unknown of the internet......great place....

24. Retrorod

Retrorod

They found an original '35 right side taillight stand for my sedan, I looked everywhere for a year...they had a couple in stock. The price was reasonable. They do have quite a stockpile of goodies.

Check out the hardware store across the street too, almost as cool...lots of neat hardware and stuff.

25. HudsonAlex1939

HudsonAlex1939
    from Orange, Ca

Great shop to browse our buy. They taught me so much during my 29 roadster build, Mike is very knowledge on early hot rod builds. Always treated me right. I recommend them to everyone building an early style Hot Rod.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Bill, Mike, Craig and Nicole, great people with the right knowledge and attitude to help you with any questions or parts you may need..

27. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

when i figured out what i would be using and not using on my 30 coupe, i drove the extra parts over and bill took them off my hands. i also bought a front fender for my 40 coupe from him, plus since there are no more book stores around anymore, i buy the "rodders journal" there too.

28. U-235

U-235

We make it a must see stop every Fathers Day Swap Meet.....

29. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Cool, i'm digging that flathead blower.

30. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome place, real timewarp feel to it!

Kirk, you didn't get a pic of the Pines grille? What a piece, and not in the way you'd necessarily expect - I have a pic somewhere and will try and post it up.

Chris