Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 plymouth special deluxe build up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48plysled, May 23, 2012.

1. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

With the flow of your car, I can see it in a flat base with shinny "flakes and candied" scallops or flames. I would go very subtle on them. Not over do it. Just enough to pop "a little eye candy" but not take away from the nice lines of the car. IMO! By the way I love the Plymouth!!!!!

2. 48plysled

48plysled

Slowly but surely picking up steam with my build thread is always nice to see. Looking forward to your comments.

3. 48plysled

48plysled

So I had some photoshop work done on my car for the new paint scheme I was thinking. Btrsweet on here does amazing work and now has me torn between the three renditions he did for me.

Attached Files:

4. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I like it in black with flames

5. j hansen

j hansen

Black with flames can never be wrong!!!!

6. n847

n847

I agree with farmer...just paint it a solid color if you want flames in a few years go back and add em on for a change of pace!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. 48plysled

48plysled

Thanks for the input guys. I'm goin with the first variance. Except the base will be darker almost black cherry. I think there is way to much black out there and feel it is hittin the point of being over done. I just hate to have to disassemble twice to go with my original plan. I want the kinda wild 50's styling and feel that it may be the way to go. Thanks for your opinion. Always nice to hear what others think.

8. 48plysled

48plysled

Well car is now on hold due to the shop is full. Tryin to get the Road Runner out by spring so we can make some money on it. So in turn all attention gets put on it for a little bit. And its too cold to work on my car in the non heated side. So instead time to work on one piecing the hood and shaving the trim holes and getting the motor situated. Plus gather parts while waiting for time to work on it again.

9. MacGyver

MacGyver

Any updates lately? Great work so far. Nice to see another old Mopar in the area. How about a metal flake gold over white interior (or is that played out at this point?) Are you going to be heading up to the Dells for Automotion next weekend? I'll be there with my '48 Dodge Coupe (and some other friends, 2 model A's, and a '63 Caddy convertible). If you make it up there and see that group stop by and say hi; I'll have a beer in the trunk for ya.

10. laydout36

laydout36
    from Texas

good looking plymouth for damm sure.... a buddy of mine just picked up a 46 & we are planning on going pretty much the same route you have taken with yours.....

11. 48plysled

48plysled

Thanks man. I will be jumping back onto the build after memorial day. Got a club picnic coming up so hands are full with that. I will be up there at the dells for Automotion. I'll have to see if you guys are around when I head in by the show. I'm still thinking for color I'm goin with the retro flame and cranberry red. Feel that it will add some nice flavor to the car. Might change it up a bit and do satin instead of gloss though. We shall see as I get closer.

Thanks man. I always loved the old mopars and had been lookin for one for a long time. Couldn't pass it up when I saw it. Initially it was supposed to be a very mild build. Maybe just a chop and that was it. Well threw that book clean out the window. lol. But hey dare to be edgy with it and see how it goes. I wanted something I could showcase my talents and I feel that it is a good start for that.

12. 48plysled

48plysled

Finally got some more work done on the 48. Been preoccupied with my bike and building my truck for a daily driver. But started laying some filler again. Last pic is of the daily driver. '54 dodge c1c nicknamed the dead hauler

Attached Files:

13. 48plysled

48plysled

Here are some of the truck the day I brought it home and where it is now. Still planning on a small block automatic swap here sometime soon and disc brakes up front. Still running the flathead 230 in it and lets just say lacking on power and cruising speeds. Swapped rear axle with an 8.25 out of a dakota and still top out around 65. But thats ok with drums up front I don't think I want to be testing em at anything over that lol. Built the bed as seen in post before this. Sort of a get me by until I can find a bed for it.

Attached Files:

14. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Glad to see you on the coupe. Cant wait to see it!

15. 48plysled

48plysled

Yeah its been a long time comin so far and still so far to go. But one step at a time. Get her roughed in and in primer then time to get her running and driving. Then we blow her apart for paint.

16. 48plysled

48plysled

Well focus is back on to the coupe now that the truck is road worthy. Turned out pretty decent if I might say so myself. Buddy of mine had the bed from a 46-48 ford so just had to shorten the wheel base to fit the box and have the driveshaft redone. Now the truck is back on the road. Waiting till winter to rip the flathead 6 out and drop in a fuel injected magnum motor with an overdrive trans. Want to keep it nice for a daily summer cruiser. Stay tuned as pics of the coupe progress are to be coming soon. got the mud work done on the front end now turning to the roof and rear quarter on drivers side.

Attached Files: