Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama or LoneStar Roundup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TinShed, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Nope gnrs stopped for two years and moved from Oakland so is it really the same show. I stand corrected Sacromento didn't stop I asked my Father if there was a show in 1957 he said no but looked I up and it said there was.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Not from Jersey.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Back to the fifties in Minneapolis outdoes all of 'em!!

4. gd0050

gd0050
    from Texas

Round up all the way!! I've never been to Detroit but have heard its cool would like to go some day after GNRS. of coarse.

5. TinShed

TinShed

Think so? I have been to all but 3 years of the show. I would never miss it!

I need a car show fix. Austin is in my future.

6. TinShed

TinShed

The flight, room and car are all lined up. We will be going to the Roundup!!!

Getting into Austin Friday night is there anything fun Friday or Saturday Night?

My 9 year old is beside himself excited to make the trip and we are bringing my Dad so 3 generations from MN making the trek that have never been to Texas!

Tim

7. Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Hit up "The Salt Lick" for dinner in Round Rock. It's a small drive from Austin, but well worth it....if you like bbq.

8. TinShed

TinShed

Sounds good.

So is there no show Sunday? We were going to get into Austin around 8pm but if there is no show Sunday many my son can miss school Friday so we can go two days.

9. Sparky13

Sparky13

I'm going to Detroit and working my booth !
    Remember there is the Ford Museum that is a must see if you have never been !!!!!!

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No show Sunday and I would certainly fly in earlier so you can hit the show both days. Your son will love just hanging on Congress and looking at all the cars and action. Pizza at Home Slice on Congress is not to be missed. There is a thread somewhere here that has a major list of all the great eateries around Austin.

11. No "Indoor Car Show" is better than an outdoor event like the LSR.;)

12. TinShed

TinShed

I changed the flights. We fly in Thursday night and leave early Sunday morning. I can't wait.

13. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Hey Denise, looking forward to seeing you for our annual visit! Your handsome Missouri buddy, Joe :cool:

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not sure if I'm going yet. I've been to Texas for car events a couple of times already this year. I might sit this event out. HAMB Drags for sure though....we can catch up then.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  15. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

No way Dee. Ya gotta come.

16. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Duh, roundup hands down fer sure every time. We are from down under and have done a few round ups now and feel withdrawal symptoms this year as our daughter in France is calling for a visit . Heck we have made numerous friends at the roundup, it's impossible not to. So will be back next year at the roundup for certain . Cars parked indoors or crusin a around Austin on congress ,the BBQ the week prior , the garage crawl , dell children's hospital. , A no brainier really. People over plastic, Laid back Texas hospitality at its best.

17. Denise, dont you know the Roundup will not be the same without you???

18. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

19. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I ditto the above....Austin won't be the same without the infamous Denise!! Joe