Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 GMC 150 project truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T.W.Dustin, Jun 7, 2012.

1. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Turned out real nice!

2. 50ChevyFrank

50ChevyFrank

Looks great! Love that color.

3. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

It's still up at the paint shop in Heber-Overgaard and I probably can't pick it up until a week from Friday.

I drove it to the shop over 1 year ago, so yes it is drivable but I have some stuff to go through before I take it very far. Also, the original 4 speed and rear end configuration is pretty wound out at 50-55MPH. I am considering a 5 speed conversion so that I can drive it further. I have to find a solution that keeps the shifter in the correct position and doesn't hit the seat. I am hearing a 2WD S10 T5 might be an option. I will be putting it behind the stock 248 6 banger. I will keep the drums all around and likely won't mess with the rear end too much either, although its possible that the right gearing out back might fix everything.

4. 1938 Coupe

1938 Coupe
    from Arizona

Tom, that looks incredible! Nice job on this project! Happy to see what you have done on it! It keeps a lot of us motivated!

5. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Here are some new shots with the painted wheels and Kenda Bias Ply 16x7.50 Load range E tires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]