Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 40 Ford Deluxe center grille fit on a 41 Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monkeyodoom, Feb 18, 2014.

1. monkeyodoom

monkeyodoom
    from Arkansas

The reason i ask is because the grille on my 41 has a couple of fins cracked and the bottom center is split. I've looked into repairing it and have read on here that muggy weld and the like do a good job. I just would like to know before i go through the trouble of possibly FUBARing my front grille that something might fit. I haven't found anyone that sells reproduction grilles for a 41. And all the 41 grilles I've seen on ebay are in about the same condition as mine many worse.

2. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

No 40 grilles are not the same, 41 car is 41 car only, If you grille is in good shape but has some cracked bars any heat repair will be tricky, adhesive repair like JB weld may serve you better but you will not be able to have it chromed and may have to settle for the painted look.

3. monkeyodoom

monkeyodoom
    from Arkansas

Yeah that's what i figured.

Re-chroming is probably out of my price range anyway. I was actually looking in to doing a nickle finish on it since it could be done at home. I was just hoping that the dimensions on the center grilles were the same.

4. 1941coupe

1941coupe

drakes makes the lower ones but not the center one, maybe drake should think about tooling up for them,they would sell like hot cakes

5. monkeyodoom

monkeyodoom
    from Arkansas

They would be the only ones making it so i would think they would make some money from it.