Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking to contact Bernie Couch, Fullerton CA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Feb 15, 2014.

1. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Does anyone have a contact phone number for the famous Fullerton, CA Strokers member and dry lakes racer Bernie Couch?

The number I have for him is not correct and I am trying to contact him about any information he may have on this picture of the below '32 3W taken in 1941-1942 at El Mirage?

Please PM me the information if you have it.

Thanks for the help.

Tex

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Still trying to find a good contact number to help solve the mystery of the '32 3W on page 74 of Don Montgomerys " Hot Rods are they were"

Anybody know him or somebody that knows him?

4. He's in the Early V8 Club regional group 11.....get your info to them and they'll pass it on.....They meet in Anaheim.....

5. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

call isky cams in gardena and leave a message for ed, or his best friend john who shows up there. ask for rod and he will see that it is taken care of. if anyone will know ed isky should because he probably ground a cam for him.

good luck

6. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

So you are saying that Isky knows Bernie Couch? I will chase any lead I can to find out some information on this car.

7. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

I know him, pm your info and I will give it to him. I will have dinner with him Thursday.

8. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

32 for me,

I sent you a PM with my cell#.

Thanks for passing my info on to Bernie, hopefully he remembers the #36 '32 3W above and can share some information on it with me.

9. Jackthe Deuce

Jackthe Deuce

I am Bernie's second cousin. I have his contact info.

Jack Ph: 520-831-4494

10. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Jack,

Bernie called me on tuesday and he mentioned he had a cousin in Prescott so I invited him to stop by when comes out.

Bernie is fascinating individual and has lived a life most of us dream of.

He offered some details on the above picture: He was 17 years old when he took the picture in June of 1941 at El Mirage during a Russetta Timing meet since they allowed couped in competition. Bernie said it was his dream car and thought is about it constantly when he was out to sea during WWII. He remembered it was very nicely done with deep black laquer paint and belonged to a dentist.

Now I am going to try and find a roster from that June 1941 event at El Mirage that lists the #36 cars owner.

Anybody know where to start?