Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. wallyringo

wallyringo

can anybody recommend a aluminum radiator company? V8 Plymouth

2. Old Ray

Old Ray

3. wallyringo

wallyringo

Thanks Old Ray i`ll check it out, these 3 rows radiators are very expensive.

4. samfab

samfab

55 Plaza V8 I just picked up. Awesome thread
    [​IMG]

stillrunners likes this.
  5. Old Ray

Old Ray

Good find, nice looking savior, ………..washed up real nice. :)

What are the plans for the immediate future? :confused:<O:p</O:p

6. samfab

samfab

Hopefully get it running. The motor looks to be in fine shape. Ive got a carb kit for it waiting at the parts house to be picked up.
    If it seems to be worth saving ill go thru the running gear and throw some tires on it and drive it.
    It needs floor boards and a trunk floor so that would be next on the list. Plans are to keep it looking about the same and just have some fun with it

7. porky55

porky55

This is my 55 lancer 4door

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

8. hemihydro135

hemihydro135
    from az

Hey all! New guy here, just got this 56 coronet from a fellow hamber for the wife. We have a long way to go but looking forward to the build. Been reading through this thread for a while now, thanks to everyone for the input.
    One question first, will the front sheet metal swap out with the 55-56 Plymouths? Hood fenders and such...

Attached Files:

9. In Canada, 55-56 Plymouths had 55-56 Dodge front sheet metal. In the US they nicknamed a Plodge. I can't swear to it, but there shouldn't be a reason why the reverse shouldn't work.

10. I don't mean to nitpick, but the "Lancer" name was Dodge's term for hardtop. Your car looks like a Dodge Royal, only based on the little spears on the chrome headlight bezels. Of course, they could have been added by someone over the years.

11. porky55

porky55

Don't take this the wrong way but you are wrong. Late in 1955 dodge released a 4 door version to compete with the 4 door Chevy. They are kinda rare, but this is a real 4 door lancer.

12. Old Ray

Old Ray

My understanding is that Canadian Dodges are Plymouth bodies with Dodge front ends that required Canadian specific front fenders to match the Dodge front sheet metal to the Plymouth body. I think that the USA made Dodge and Plymouth front ends would not be interchangeable but the Canadian Dodge front sheet metal will fit a Plymouth as Canadian Dodges (Plodge) are Plymouth bodies. Only Chrysler would do this ! :eek:<O:p</O:p

13. Old Ray

Old Ray

So for all of you have been holding your breath waiting for a reply from streight8 he got back to me today, :D ….. much thanks to streight8,…… very much appreciated, ……email in the works.

The short story for anyone that cares, is that because the he had to have an out of Province (State) inspection, it did not pass so he has/is reinstalling the original frame.

Posted for any future grave diggers of frame modification information.:)

14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

screw it just move across the border anywhere but pensylvania you should be good

15. striperstan

striperstan
    from denver

I think this thread is a good one. This is my first post on here. Really dig these well any Plymouth's really. Here's my 56 plaza just doing a very mild kustom

Attached Files:

16. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

That is very kool!!!

17. Nice & Clean Welcome from Susan & Larry in the Mo. ;)zarks

18. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

I've really enjoyed this thread. I have a 56 Dodge Kingsway Crusader coupe ute basically a remodeled 54 wagon done at the factory in australia.
    I crewcabbed mine and added a sedan turret so the family could ride in it.

Tho I can't post pics here. I did manage to get it on page 6 "Your 2 Cents" in Rod and Kulture issue #30.

19. FoolishMortal67

FoolishMortal67
    from Texas

Howdy fellas,

here's my li'l ol' '55. She sat around in a field for about twenty years, so I got a ton of stuff to do to her. Just yanked the drums off the front end, getting ready to order new front suspension kit and discs. She's running the original flathead six, and original everything else (including a squirrel's nest somewhere under the floorboard). Basically, she needs everything lol. I'm goin' ol' skool on her though, so I'll save some money on outside cosmetics, at least...

PS. What's the going rate on hoods these days?

Attached Files:

20. FoolishMortal67

FoolishMortal67
    from Texas

Hey Samfab - looks like we landed similar fish...she looks better after her bath. I still gotta get some wheels. Mine came with some mullet-wearing Centerlines, which I sold immediately...shoulda waited until I had some steelies laying around before I unloaded 'em I suppose...

21. msgt.dad

msgt.dad

For a '56 Savoy : rt and lf Headlight chrome and the hood rocket all pieces are nice but not NOS or Show quality. Ron 419-295-6789

22. FoolishMortal67 - be careful if your still running the stock drums....the wheel center is a little larger than some stock late 60's up Mopar's....or brand X's....

think you will be okay up to about 1966.....on a mopar wheel

23. FoolishMortal67

FoolishMortal67
    from Texas

Thanks stillrunners - I'm planning to go to discs - at least on the front end. Not sure what all changes will have to be made...first line of business is to get it running and safe to roll lol

24. Dmstephens04

Dmstephens04
    from Colorado

Just bought a 1955 plaza. Can someone identify this engine?

Has v8 on front hood and back trunk. Also says powerful it's... Does that mean something?

Attached Files:

25. 73RR

73RR

Check the ID code, should be P27. The engine could be either a 241 or a 259...no real difference in stock form even with 28 inches.

No clue what you mean with... got a pic?

26. George

George

241 & 259 have an advertised 7.6 C/R & the actual C/R is probably lower. Can be converted to Hemi with Dodge heads & pistons. with custom higher comp pistons can make some power. Not sure if anything above OEM C/R pistons are available if it stays in Poly head mode.

27. t-rod

t-rod

I posted 2 1/2 years ago I was hoping to get my Dad's unfinished '55 Lancer, well the deal is done and I'm bringing her home next month! She's got a 360 sitting in the engine bay and no radiator. I've reread the thread looking for radiator suggestions but didn't see anything specific. Would someone please measure the opening in your core support? Those dimensions would point me the right way in radiator shopping. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  28. mojoe_24

mojoe_24
    from SoCal

So I inherited my grandfather's 1956 Dodge C Series truck, but I don't really know too much about cars. I can't find many resources for Dodge. Any of you guys have some saved? Looking for any type of information really, but some part sellers would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

29. senone

senone
    from Belgium

Hi everyone, pretty new on here and found this thread a couple of days ago. Loving it!!! After some 20 years of owning all kinds of aircooled vw's I sold my last 2 and,finally took the plunge into American steel! Car of choice became a '56 coronet by chance. Still needs some parts but she is pretty decent to start with!

Attached Files:

30. senone

senone
    from Belgium

Looks like not all pictures uploaded!

Attached Files: