Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What's this supercharger part?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fredb_, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Fredb_

Fredb_

Found this among some other vintage stuff. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. AG F/C

AG F/C

I'ts a pressure switch. Probably connects the contacts at 3-5 lb boost pressure to operate an anti detonation injection (ADI) system like water or methanol or a fuel enrichment system...

The little hose nipple connects to the manifold pressure below the blower.

3. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

Looks like one of those hokey pieces of junk peddled with claims it'll give you an extra ten mpg or allow your engine to run on water, or any of a number of other lies dreamed up to separate a fool from his money.

4. Fredb_

Fredb_

One of the contacts is labeled "Super Charger" the other is labeled "Ignition". I thought maybe it was a component related to racing setup or the obvious super charger. Fred

5. AG F/C

AG F/C

Might be an old Judson supercharger part. definitely a pressure switch of some type. Application is probably broad.

6. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Fred...I think that piece might be part of the electrical controls for a McCulloch supercharger..they have an electric solenoid that changes the blowers pulley diameter I believe....that makes the belt spin the unit faster...producing more boost.....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That switch is on the carb linkage.

The piece in the original post was to kick on the auxiliary electric fuel pump to kick up the go juice pressure when the carb came under boost.

8. Cool find for sure

9. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Looks like a McCulloch part. As le Scotto says, it kicks in the electric fuel pump for more go juice when the supercharger pressure builds up.

10. Dominick Hide

Dominick Hide

Definitely a McCulloch part. It is wired to the solenoid under the flying duck emblem on top of the supercharger. If an auxiliary electric booster pump is being used you can pig tail a wire to it. The switch is activated by vacuum not pressure, so must be connected to the intake below the carb.

[​IMG]

11. Fredb_

Fredb_

Cool. Dominick, thanks for the pick. Do you know when these were in production?
    Fred

12. nsh57

nsh57

Dominick is right...Definately McCulloch, Want to sell it? PM me!

13. Fredb_

Fredb_

PM sent, thanks!