Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti 55 has a new owner!! Real car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mac_55, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Most likely some moron with a lot of dough who wacks off to fully street rodded tri fives in the latest issue of classic Chevy magazine

2. seatex

seatex

NEWSFLASH! I have the original copy of American Graffiti, the movie. Now, if I can just get a '55 post, and get..................WTF/ REALLY? "Drag 'em":rolleyes:
    Pile on, haters:p

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. cobrakidz

cobrakidz
    from nor cal

Several years ago there was a display at the Sacramento Autorama with the 32 and 55 from AG--were these the real deals or clones? Cindy Williams was there too, she was the real deal I am sure of.

4. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I don't get it. Multiple people have requested current photos of the car "as found" on this thread and they never seem to appear. The OP seems to be tight with the current owner but we cant get a single photo ??? The first photos posted don't seem very recent, and if they are, the car doesn't look very bastardized, so I can't understand all the flaming of the streetrodder owner...it doesn't look that bad.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. jesse1980

jesse1980

Cool car, I liked it better in two lane black top though

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'd also like to see 'restoration' shots of the car. Maybe someone on the Two Lane site has posted some?

As far as flaming the Street Rodder owner. Yeah, the car doesn't look "bad", but it looks like any other Street Rodded 55 around. That's the whole insulting point; he could have started with ANY 55, but the idiot HAD to start with the AG 55. It would be like having the plans to build a Carson topped custom Merc, buying the Hirohata Merc and cutting off the roof. It's the mustache on the Mona Lisa sacrilege.

I stand by my original post that the owner (and Barris for trying to pass off a clone as legit) should be tarred and feathered for their total disrespect for such an iconic car.

8. lawman

lawman

`Great thread Guy's and keep posting.

9. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

xxxx- 2

10. XERB

XERB

Just real cool to see the 55 in the hands of someone who appreciates it's historical value to the rodding scene (and movie fans of cool cars) ..bring on the shots of it once rebuilt back to AG spec's..

11. Mac_55

Mac_55

Nope Bubba , Im the OP and i am not tight or close with any of the olks i mentioned . I know Walt bailey through the TLB forum , he is the one that broke the news . On page 3 of this thread , at the top , A member Named terry posted the he knew the owner and would be getting pictures andthen it died . This thread is over a year old . I would love to hear some updates also .

12. Penelope Pitstop

Penelope Pitstop
    from Tucson, Az

Hey Guys,
    Just a note to let you know that the '55 is back with her creator, and he is working very hard to bring her back the original Ruth perfection that you all know and love! He's a one man show, so you'll have to be patient.
    Thanks for all of the interest and enthusiasm you have for this car. It's truly amazing and humbling to see that so many people are so excited about the restoration. Dad does not have internet access, and he has no idea how you all feel. I will be seeing him and the car soon, and I will let him know how much his work is admired!
    Just think, this car put food on our table, and a roof over our heads as kids. It was just another job then. Thanks '55 beauty!

13. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

i am confused,i thought denny moran from baltimore owned the original ag/tlb/55???

14. there was more then one farringo i think atotal of 4 counting the roll over car at the end of graffitti

15. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

oh ok,..so all of them resurfaced and are restored to ag/tlb status?..i though a couple went to the scrapyard?

16. the 2nd unit camera car is the one thats currently restored as the two lane car the roll over car became a dirt track racer and is probably long gone the 1st unit car is the this thread is about i think the 3rd car i dont think has been found

17. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

So you’re a Ruth family member ?

18. oldschoolgasser55

oldschoolgasser55

verry cool cant wait to see her back to a real car again ......

19. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She is the daughter of Richard Ruth. Great to see her here on the HAMB.

20. gearhead78

gearhead78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Dallas TX

The second I saw you post here I knew exacty who got it. Seeing the name mentioned in the trailer loading video confirmed it. Glad they got it and looking forward to get to see it in person sometime.

21. John68rs

John68rs

Any updates? Thanks all!

31hotrodguy likes this.
  22. i 2nd that ....??

31hotrodguy likes this.
  23. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

"There's a very wicked 55 chevy lookin for you " !! - Just had to say that,watching the movie again.

benchseat4speed likes this.
  24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Must be the Retro channel. We have it here and they show AG so much, I threw away my DVD.:D

25. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

26. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Aw shit bring it to the round up I will paint my 32 piss yellow and give ya run with it lol !!

27. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

The movies sound effects of the '55 were totally effin' awesome---loved it.

28. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A member named Terry? Not TOAD...!!!!???

29. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

[​IMG]
    Here is a pic i found of the master with the car again

30. Mac_55

Mac_55

Awsome Picture!!! Thanks for Sharing !