Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to stop my runaway 1951 ford truck with my 1937 ford.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1badbaker, Oct 10, 2013.

1. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

My Dad had a 69 Dodge Dart that he must not have put all the way into park- we were eating dinner when the phone rang- a neighbor down the hill and across the road asked
    if it was his car in the front yard. We went out and saw tire tracks going across the snow
    in the back yard, down the hill, between two trees with about 6 inches to spare on one side and a foot on the other, between two houses, across the road, and onto his front yard. Not a mark on the car, and did not damage anything! Could not have driven the car
    down that hill without hitting rocks or trees or rolling it over.

2. kscarguy

kscarguy

Similar thing happened to me. I was cleaning out an old truck to sell it. I found a .15 cent screwdriver bit in the ashtray and thought to myself..."I need to put this in the toolbox." I walked into the garage and heard a loud crash. When I walked back out to the drive, I thought, where is the truck...? It was down the hill in the neighbors yard and smashed into his tree. I was lucky the tree was there as the next thing to hit were two houses.

As they say, make lemonade out it...for me the A/C unit from that old truck is now in my COE.

3. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Well, Just one final update. I just picked up my 37 from getting the interior put back in from getting all the damage repaired. I did not have it completely repainted but it turned out very nice.

Attached Files: