Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bill New RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mj40's, Feb 13, 2014.

1. mj40's

mj40's

Bill was the owner and founder of Boise Idaho's local drag strip. Firebird Raceway was formed in 1968 and was a big influence to the car world in the NW. Any of you drag racers from the West most surly ran at Firebird at some time or showed your cars at the Boise Roadster Show, another one of his accomplishments. Bill will be greatly missed but has a great family to carry on his dream. His son Scott is a regular on here. (W Scott) Prayers with you and your family!

http://www.firebirdonline.com/

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his family and friends

3. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I never met Bill or his son Scott, however I have always heard good things about the way they run their venues, very organized and dependable. RIP Mr. New.

4. Made many passes at Firebird over the years, sorry to hear he crossed over to the other side.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Always had a good time at Firebird ... RIP Bill

6. Rip : Bill New and Scott Saeger, both of you gents travel on through to the light !

7. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

So sorry to hear, RIP

8. Been to Firebird a couple of times. RIP

9. Bill was a special person and a very good friend as well as an associate member of our car club. He had many friends in Utah as well as the northwest . Though he will be sorely missed, the dragstrip and Roadster Show are left in the very capable hands of his three sons.

RIP, Ol' Buddy,

Mick

10. rick finch

rick finch

Sorry to hear this, we were always treated well and enjoyed racing there...R.I.P.Bill :(

11. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Sympathy to the family and friends---RIP.

12. So sorry to hear that, my condolences to the family. Growing up in the Treasure Valley, I saw the impact Mr. New had on Hot Rodding in the Pacific Northwest first hand. I participated in the High School Drags and the Boise Roadster show as a teenager. His vision and influence in the automotive hobby is something the family should be extremely proud of.