Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. 35ChevSedan

35ChevSedan

I'm in - here's my '35

Attached Files:

biggeorge and mgtstumpy like this.
  2. Wonder if he had a wooden roll cage! 35ChevSedan nice ride!

29bowtie likes this.
  3. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I hoping to start my 1930 Chevy project very soon. Awesome cars here. Thanks for the post. Gary

4. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Now that's funny I don't care who you are! Yes, nice cars and more keep showing up.

5. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

My 34 Master after it came home from the fabrication shop.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  6. Very Knotty answer!:D It just goes against the grain.

7. Geez 29bowtie, don't you ever get board of those silly puns?

29bowtie likes this.
  8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I think he should stick with it. He comes by them on his own a-cord. It could become another branch of the thread, Why should he turn over a new leaf now? It wood be asking too much, he might get board and just pine away.

29bowtie likes this.
  9. I concede... knot able to come up with more than you, Six B :D

29bowtie and Jet96 like this.
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

You need to spruce up your vocabulary a bit and give us whats fir! Other wise you'll be shivering your timbers every shingle time you log in.:rolleyes:

29bowtie likes this.
  11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That is nice. I once attended a destruction derby where the gave a award up front for the oldest entry. It was in the mid '62s and the winner was a beautiful '37 Chevy coupe. It made me sick. The old girl must have been pissed because she kicked '40s, '50s, '60s ass and won the event. At the end it wouldn't shot off and they killed it by emptying a fire extinguisher into the carb. I'd much rather it could have been a race car.

12. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Started my 1930 Chevy project. I need aftermarket radiator info. What works good and reasonably priced. I will be using the stock 1930 grill shell. I have the stock radiator and it appears to be in good condition. Gary

13. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Any info would be appreciated. Parts number, Brand.....whatever. Thanks, Gary

14. I installed a Walker in my 33. It fit well but I don't have the car on the road to tell you how it performed. Pricey but good quality.

15. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Just got a '36 5w coupe shell. Have delusions of making it street-able. Subscribed! I could use a RR fender if anyone has a lead - can't re-mortgage the house, tho' - something even really nasty will give me a start. Thanks.

16. 35ChevSedan

35ChevSedan

I had a custom radiator made for my '35 from these guys:

http://www.bricethomasradiator.com/

Great to work with and super quality. I drew them a diagram of exactly what I wanted and they built it. Hope that helps

dearjose likes this.
  17. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

1930 Chevy Board Track Racer in progress. We have been working on this about a week and a half. It's a roller as of last night. Engine and trans will be mounted this weekend with body work to follow. 17" Chevy wires with Coker Exselsior radial tires are just what the doctor ordered, but not cheap. I went the six lug route. 1954 Chevy pick up front axle bolts right on. Rear end is a 1995 Pathfinder Limited slip with just the right width to match the front end. Engine is a 292 straight six from a 68 Chevy 4 x 4 with a turbo 350 behind it (keeping it super simple). Gary

Attached Files:

• 30-1.jpg
      30-1.jpg
      File size:
      145.4 KB
      Views:
    • 30-2.jpg
      30-2.jpg
      File size:
      143.5 KB
      Views:
    • 30-3.jpg
      30-3.jpg
      File size:
      151.7 KB
      Views:
  18. stingbean

stingbean

Are you going to start a build thread on this project? I'm really interested in what you're doing as I have a 31 Chevy chassis I plan on using as the foundation of a roadster of some sort. That 6 lug pathfinder rear-end information is good to know. I can't wait to see more on this car!

19. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

[​IMG]
    I missed the wood by one year but love the old chevy's. I would like to have a 32-35 coupe but they are very scarce in my neck of the woods. Great looking cars everyone.

20. mink

mink
    from CT

if any one knows where i can find some photos showing the interior of a 1932 chevy's door frame to windshield area please send them my way!! photo with door open

21. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I to would like to be able to follow this build. Did you use the stock springs and mounts?

22. Filling Station has OEM style honeycomb cores, that would allow you to re-use the stock tanks. I would imagine no problem cooling the later inline-6, since it worked for the early one.

23. Bigdavid

Bigdavid
    from Tennessee

I have a 36 Master sedan,had to replace a lot of wood in the doors,but the rest of the wood in the car was good.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  24. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Finally learned how to post a photo, so here's my finished '36 Chevy Suburban Carryall. 12 years after purchasing it from a local owner in Baltimore, I was told that the Suburban was built at the Baltimore, Maryland GM assembly plant in late 1935 and never registered outside of Maryland.
    The truck runs a '88 Corvette TPI w/700r4 overdrive tranny, 8" rear, Fatman Mustang II front suspension with dropped spindles and disc brakes. All steel with a few mods by Bad Donkee Hot Rod Shop in Littlestown, Pa.
    I made the debut at the Rodder's Journal Revival II in 2013 at the kick-off showing in Fell's Point, Baltimore, Md. Then at Pimilico for the rest of that weekend. Thanks to all who helped getting this project completed.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  25. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

We used the stock springs with three leafs removed from the rear. But not the stock shackles. With a small amount of work the shackle kit for the front cross spring (Speedway) works good. I just ordered an extra set of poly bushings for the front of each spring. Gary

26. That is a sweet Suburban!

27. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

That is a very awesome Suburban!

28. primed34

primed34

Anyone know how well the '34 '35 standard Smoothie Fabrication running boards fit?

29. scotts52

scotts52

Can I join? I have a 1929 GMC truck T-25. Different than the Chevy. They didn't share the same sheet metal yet. Missing all the wood and front axle. Otherwise I think it's mostly there. . I really have no idea how to reassemble it without finding a wood kit.

30. skippycraig

skippycraig
    from Washington

1392537288869.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Here's mine