Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hartford Shocks in the USA??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Sep 16, 2011.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

2. scarylarry

scarylarry

Geez, nobody knows nothing on them??

3. fatabone

fatabone

We went to see a personal collection of cars and a Bugatti had a set on it as well as a couple other cars. John set up the tour through selling them shop equipment and should be able to find out how they purchase them. I'll give him a call in the morning.

Attached Files:

4. rld14

rld14

Not that I'm aware of. These are super cool and, if I recall, kind of pricey, in the UK they are £150-200 each by the time you get done buying bushings and arms.

5. Larry,

PM Jim Dillon, T Head, or Highlander- they would probably know...

And I bet you'll find some at Hershey in a couple weeks!

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ok, what are we building now? I thing Restoration Supplies or a company with a name something like that used to carry them. See you in two weeks. Bob

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks everyone. Soon to start the midget & looking for a backup if I cant find something at Hershey for the project.

8. Please keep us up to date with the project, ESPECIALLY if you find a good (translate as inexpensive) resource for Hartfords- I'm thinking about using a set on my speedster project!!!

It was great meeting you a few years ago at Hershey!

Best of luck, Bill

9. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

this was posted on an AACA forum last year

Talk to Charles Collier in Oklahoma City. He has started building them. He had several examples at Chickasha. They are beautiful, and appear very accurate and authentic. I have his email at work, but I think his # is: 405-948-8763 ext 128. Their website is www.packardtwelve.com

10. retro4

retro4

I have just come found two large ones originals , single arm with linkage, brass face plate , made in USA , these are pre 1921 , expensive looking , want a picture then mail me direct [email protected] quickchange on the barn ,