Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool Turlock Swapmeet Finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Black Panther, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Picked up a few cool keepers at the Turlock swapmeet yesterday...first is a Modesto car show trophy...next is this cool old creeper...weighs a ton and I dont think it was ever used..I think some parts on it are cast iron. Last is the Crower jacket..its purple though you cant see it in the picture..its wool and leather..total luck that I happened on the space as these things were laid out...

Anybody else find some cool stuff? Post it here!

Attached Files:

2. amadeus

amadeus

That Creeper is Bad Ass!
    Were the stickers on it?

3. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Yes they were...was told it came from an estate sale years ago... the brackets on the creeper are cast iron...

4. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

Estate auctions is where you find some good stuff. I paid three dollars for this creeper. The pictures are from one that was loaded with vintage tools, some were never used. They got into a bidding war on the vintage Snap On tool box.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      132.6 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      132.3 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      130.1 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      129.9 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      132.2 KB
      Views:

5. i have that same tool box, it was my grandfathers.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

2 years ago, I was on my way out. An older gent had a car trailer parked on the inner roadway, said they were 'full up', no spots left.
    I spied an early Ford front axle, round spindles, juice brakes...I asked "How much?"
    He said, "$15..." I hurriedly unloaded it, while my son went and got the truck...

It was a '37 Ford V860 tube, with wishbone and all the aforementioned above.
    Earlier that day, I bought 2 1940 LaSalle boxes for $50. The seller gave me a receipt, his phone number, and the address to his storage. (to pick up the rest of the LaSalle stuff)
    There were 2 more sideshift trannys, short tailshaft types, and 2 floorshift cases, boxes of gears...and 2 '50 Olds tail housings!
    I offered him more cash, but he refused.
    The next year at Turlock, I saw the LaSalle guy in a space near the lunch wagon...I surprised him with a Tri-Tip sandwich. He acted like I gave him a ticket to Paradise!

7. That STP PJ sticker is a rare piece as well.....

8. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

What era do you think the stp sticker is from? Looks early to mid 60s to me....the creeper is older than that I think...I got the creeper and the Crower jacket from the same guy...

9. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I like swap meets. Never know what you will find.

10. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

That STP sticker is the STP turbine car. It's more like the late 60s, I think it was 67 when it almost won Indy. There are some old decals on that creeper, they might have been put on back in the day or someone could have bought them on Ebay and then put them on. That is a old creeper, I have never seen one like that.

11. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

I tried finding an age on your creeper. One site said that style did not show up until the 50s. Another site said long hair Hippies did not use that style because their hair would get tangled up in the casters.

12. john walker

john walker

i remember that.

13. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I had that same creeper once. A Ford dealer that I worked at were pitching it and I snagged it. That was in 1972 and it was OLD then! I gave it to someone a few years back. STUPID!