Register now to get rid of these ads!

ID this old sedan.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Feb 14, 2014.

1. adamshumard

adamshumard

I had someone send these pics of a sedan on their property. They don't know what it is. Anyone have any ideas?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392407304.165482.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392407316.900265.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392407326.167841.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. '28 Dodge Victory Six- the dash and the window reveals are the giveaway!

3. All steel Budd body :D!

4. Correct.

5. adamshumard

adamshumard

Now to find the missing door. Probably not a lot of them around.

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

You gonna get it?

7. firemansteve

firemansteve
    from AUSTRALIA

If the window frame in the front doors run parallel to the top of the door it would be a 29 Dodge victory six,if the window frame is shorter at the front than the back it would be a 28.best to find out which year before you buy a door as the 28 model doors are also about 70mm shorter in width than the 29 model.I have a 29 victory six and have bought doors that ended up being off a 28 and not realised they where different until I got them home and compared them to the ones I already

8. adamshumard

adamshumard

I think I will pick it up. Where is the vin located on it?

9. ravedodger

ravedodger

Could be wrong, but I think it would be on the wood toe board. They may have changed it by then.

10. I had a dash cluster for one of those a few years ago, '29 Dodge it is.

Sedan back door can't be that hard to find. Or just shorten the whole works into a tudor.

11. 1928 and 1929 Victory Six are VERY similar...

Attached Files:

• 314.JPG
      314.JPG
      File size:
      376.7 KB
      Views:
  12. IIRC, without checking my book, in that period Chrysler, Dodge and DeSoto (and Plymouth) changed from the old model to the new model in like April and they'd sell the previous year car titled as the next year until the new one came out. They did that for about five years or so right around the start of the Depression.

13. Yes, very common in the Depression era. A LOT of cars were title as in the year sold and not the year built. A 1930 or 1932 Dodge could actually be a 1931 style and so on.

14. The 1927 Dodge Brothers was a TOTALLY different animal than the Victory Six of 1928 and 1929. Apples and oranges comes to mind.

15. Adam,

The Victory Six was an 18 month "experiment" by Dodge, and there were many large-scale and small scale changes from month to month over that time.

Some of the most notable changes were long hood/short cowl to short hood/long cowl in mid '28 (the April change mentioned above by rustynewyorker) and then the slight body changes that firemansteve talked about for '29.

There have actually been a number of 4 doors that have showed up on ebay over the last year or so, and for pretty reasonable prices. Victories are on the rare side, but if you do your homework, you should be able to come up with what you need, and the Dodge Bros boys will love you for selling off what you don't need.

Let me know if I can help in any way- still have some parts Dad picked up for his/our/my '28 Coupe Brougham that might help you... and since the interior guys LOST our interior, I'm looking for a driver's seat, and rear seat/package tray :)

16. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

I also thought that was a strange comparison...might as well showed a pic of a Ford:confused: