Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 48 Ford conv from swiss junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adventurer, Oct 24, 2009.

1. adventurer

adventurer

Finally some updates. Car has been painted, here is just out of the paint booth....still needs hoods and skirts painted, but everything seems nearer to completion now. Here some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Looking good!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

3. ironpile

ironpile

All you need to start a project is the radiator cap and a plan.

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

What a transformation!!

5. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Looking great. Cant wait to see it finished.

6. Awesome. Really like the color.

7. Wow amazing save,..great work!

8. looking great !

9. badshifter

badshifter

What a beauty. Nice work.

10. rld14

rld14

Holy crap!

Talk about bringing something back from the dead... Not sure what's more amazing, that you found a 48 ragtop in a junkyard in Switzerland! or that you brought THAT one back to life. I'm humbled.

11. Rikster

Rikster

Very nice.. great color as well.

You did a very good job saving that car! congratulations.

A year or so ago I talked to somebody here in the Netherlands who went to the same auction where you bought the car. Him and his father restore old Fords, and this car was sort of the reason they made the trip out there. But once they saw the car in person they decided it was to far gone.... You proofed them wrong!

12. LabRat

LabRat

Splendid Transformation !

13. Wow what a difference from start to near finish. Good call with the 41 frontend.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just found this thread and what an absolutely amazing transformation! I gotta follow this one! Are you going to use the original style gauges with kph and all?

15. adventurer

adventurer

Rickster, he was the wise....I should have not bought this car in the first place. Had looked at the car 20 or so years ago, and was already derelict but still savable . When heard about the auction, took out the pics I had done 20 years ago, and the car looked a lot better than she really was. I placed a bid by fax, and won the car.....
    When went to pick up, really had a shock. But it was too late.....car was mine. Amazing thing was the frame in perfect shape, but everything else was junk.
    In the meantime, I was having dreams of the finished car, but look had to be more round, more pre war. The fenders were too square. So found a 41 parts car, and used some floor parts and the fenders/grille/hood to get the rounded look I was after. ALso removed the fender crease and welded all fenders to body.
    Don't know if the original speedo is still working, but will try to use it, even if I have a perfect 48 dash .
    Still uncertain if going to use spotlights or not. I think they wil break the flow of the lines....but they were used on almost al customs....
    Thank you for the interest and the kind words. Really helps in the down moments....
    So

16. Deu55

Deu55

Car looks great that colour is right on...Rod.

17. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Holy crap.....

18. kustom kolors

kustom kolors

Great car and with a story to it, can't wait to se it finished.

19. barney rubble

barney rubble

I have been following this thread since it started. I wish that 30 years ago I knew that there where people with this much talent. It is great insperation that any thing is possible.

20. jreeder41

jreeder41

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Hi, just caught this thread. You have done a fantastic job bringing this car back to life. I love the fact that you used the 41' front end. I have a chopped 41' convertible myself. As far as the spotlights go, I would not use them. Like you said they break the flow. With the chopped Carson top a 41' convertible is hard to beat. Good luck!

22. jipp

jipp

my dad has a 48 ford coup out back.. in great shape.. i just wish i could get into im sure he let me have it.. but im dead set on some type of roadster, be it a bucket or what not.. you did amazing work.. pat your self on the back and have a beer you rock.
    chris

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I have to say that I had missed this thread somehow when it started.......this is an incredible save and a beautiful transformation of it into a '41 front body.........just exquisite work....and I was whining about having to weld in some patches of rustout on my Fiddy One Victoria..........I need to go do some pennence or something.....

Adventurer.......*you rule!*

Congratulations on making this work so beautifully.....

CB

24. 48SuperConvert

48SuperConvert
    from Seattle

I can't believe it's the same car.....what an awesome transformation.

Great job!!!

25. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Unbelievable, just f'n unbelievable. My goodness what unbelievable talent is showcased with this transformation.

Attached Files:

26. This proves that indeed ANY car can be built, with the right talent, the resources, time, and money. Excellent job!

27. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

That thing looks amazing - can't wait to see it finished

28. Milano?....know any Brocchini's?....from up the hill....that's where my gramps was born...

29. Shagrat

Shagrat

Anyone have any updates or pix of this car finished??? This was one of my favorite builds....