Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseboystoys, Feb 9, 2014.

1. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

I received the paper work for entering my car in the Detroit Autorama this year. This is our 1st time. The instructions state the car must have a locking gas cap and no more than a 1/4 tank of gas. Could anyone tell me if this is true? If so, I have a Hagan fill through cap that gas can be filled with out removing the cap. I guess I need to find a locking cap that matches the threads of the Hagan. I called Speedway Motors and they didn't know what would fit. I'm probably going to end up taking the cap to an auto parts store and try to match it up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I was under the impression that the locking cap is a suggestion to prevent tampering, but the level of fuel is more important to the Fire Marshall.

There are many rods there without a locking cap.

Seeya there.

Using a Singlefinger on the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Been in basement handful of times and don't think anyone ever checked. Upstairs few years ago and never checked that I know of.

4. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Entered many times and not a once was it ever checked. I wouldn't sweat it.

5. DH9185

DH9185

Piston Power Show limits you to 1/8 tank of gas. With my small tank I may run out of gas just going back and forth from the trailer. :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I have been upstairs and downstairs many times with many different cars. No one ever checked my gas cap or asked me to turn the key on so they could check the fuel level.

7. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

Few trailer questions:

Is the trailer parking secure?
    How far from the Cobo center is the trailer parking?
    Can you park the truck there too?

Does anyone attend the Ridler's Ball Friday evening?

8. derbydad276

derbydad276

you will have to pay for trailer parking

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I did last year and had lots of fun.

10. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

I was able to park behind the hall.Lots of people did.As I remember there was additional parking close by with security.Id suggest you make a call to the show folks.They probably have a map of the overflow parking location.I also used a trailer tongue lock.

11. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

good info all thanks.

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

Why yes !!!,..... Yes she did !! :D

I would strongly suggest following all the rules. MHRA staff does random checks, as well as personal from the fire marshal's office... Its a requirement of COBO Hall, The Fire Marshal and the Insurance Co. Not to mention protecting your own interest as well as the interests of those displaying cars around yours.

This isn't anything new,.... This has been a requirement for decades... Mostly I would say, follow the rules to the best of your ability, and don't draw attention to it.... Otherwise there could be a big crack down.. IMHO

13. jdubbya

jdubbya

When I showed my truck in the basement a while back, I was told to just put tape over the gas cap if I couldn't find a locking one to work. I just took electrical tape, and put a big "X" from the cap off onto the painted surface. They are more looking that the cap does not get removed for any reason. Just my .02