Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '26 T roadster build gets it's ass in gear!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by marx, Sep 8, 2008.

1. marx

marx

2. marx

marx

Dammit, Tony, I just realized something. I never asked ya about it: if you tell me that's a bracket you actually make and sell, I'm gonna feel like a real shithead for doing this and posting it!

3. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380729386.186404.jpg

It is a bracket I make...... But I've posted how to do it as well..... No worry.....
    There'll be an adjustment on your next order 😎

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. marx

marx

Hahahahaha! Cheers, Tony, you're a true gentleman! Truth is, this motor wouldn't be on the road without Ross Racing and Tony's generous help and advice: aluminum flywheel, trans adapter, mini high-torque starter, clutch plate, throwout arm, and on and on. More to come, too. My Christmas list is pretty much an ongoing Ross Racing shopping list!

5. marx

marx

Fuel tank revisited. This tank has worked well, but at only about 10 gallons, I'm at the pumps way too much driving the 30 miles to work every day. So out it goes, and order placed for Tanks, Inc. Higher capacity, and it'll get tucked up close to make some trunk space.

Attached Files:

6. marx

marx

Order from Tanks, Inc arrived in about 2 days! Did not expect that kind of turn around, so it's back to work earlier than I'd thought. Tank fit perfectly behind the seat. Spent the day Wednesday making a couple of brackets to mount it nice and level. In an afternoon I went from 10 gallons capacity to 18! Not bad at all. Plus I've got tons of trunk space with things laid out like this. Not wanting to give up the space I now have, I'm leaving out the battery. Got new plans for that next...

Attached Files:

7. Beau

Beau

Looking good!

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

How tall is that tank ?

9. Whats the price on that tank, looks awesome!

10. Where did you get your tanks from. I bought my tank at Hot Rod Co back in October the 12th and I have to wait another 5 weeks they told me last week..

Frenchy

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A lesson to be learned, never order anything from the Hot Rod Co.
    I believe there are threads on here about that fact.

His tank came from Tanks Inc.

12. marx

marx

Here's a link to that tank: http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...ategory_id=133/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd82.htm

13. Thanks for the heads up I figure they are a vendor here on the Hamb and I did not think I would of had issues.

Frenchy

14. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I'm building a 27 on 32 rails and the tank you got looks perfect in there, I'm going to order the same one. Great build, your roadster is awesome

Sent from my EVO using H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. marx

marx

After putting it off for far too long, I finally picked up an Odyssey battery. I just couldn't deny the convenience of increasing what meager trunk space I have. Tried out a few different locations, then settled on tucking it up under the driver. Bracket bolted nicely to the X member, and you can't even see it from the profile.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

16. Rusty

Rusty

Looking good