Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Haha!Thanks Jon!
    I plan on bringing some of our gourmet Canadian beverages as well...You'll have to act fast though...my Dad's coming with me,so you'll have some tough competition!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'm hearing a lot of talk...sure hope it's not hollow bellowing... I brought 10 dozen last year and went home with 6 dozen... and that was after handing out 3 cases. You'd think I was charging for the stuff.

I'm thinking this year I'll hand out beer only under the condition you drop a dollar or two into a MDA dinner fund. All proceeds go to pizza for the MDA committee. If there is any Canadian content left over I'll simply have to forget to bring it home and leave it with the committee for safe keeping.

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

You're a hell of a man Davey!

:)

Scott

4. thanks saxxon i will stop by and take you up on that. i get very thirsty after a day at the track.

5. 62Furious

62Furious

and here I thought he would say Leinenkugel Red some north woods beer

6. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Pre registered! (I think)

7. I think I better drive out and keep an eye on all you guys..
    Sure hearin' a lot of trash talk...LOL

Rick
    ..............................................................................

8. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Give us 4 days to get your pre-registration sent back to you.....(we have day jobs and families this isnt our ft job), but after that if you have not recieved a document with your pre-entry number on it....please drop us another note...OR check your Spam or junk mail box...which seems to usually be the culprit.
    Cool Henry J......I hope your registered!! :)

Saxxon...Miller products right on man! If you stay an extra day Koop13 can get you a beer tour into the deep caves where the beer is stored....amazing!

9. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Thank you sir! The J might not be done in time so I registered my dad's 41 Willys. It's pretty cool too!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  10. I'll bring "DOS XX"S and the limes..,they grow year round in my back yard here, what with all the sunshine, moderate temps, & complete lack of snow. Ya know..,I see a dark & twisted strategy developing here, feed the southerners a bunch of high octane Canadian beer, get their brains all scrambled, then in the morning put the hurt to em on the race track!

11. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Saxxon your hired!!! LOL Get them boys drunk and make them easy pickens! lol;)

12. 9sectruck

9sectruck

Ooh good, more Canadian Beer :D

13. Hey, 9sectruck is from "Southern" England, so he is drafted for our cheer leader squad/pit crew, since he can't bring his "Kiwi Kabover", and whoop you suckers himself.

14. 9sectruck

9sectruck

Will work for beer/food/free rides............:D

Perhaps you can talk Kiwi Kev into bringing the Nasty Habit seeing as you're neighbours......;)

15. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

hey guys I been following the thread and all the info of all the people thats going to the meltdown and this is the first year I haven't been able to get in any of the thrash talk with guys just racing stick cars I really miss it so I going to throw this out there we got all kind of match races going so how about an all out bumper draggin wheelstanding contest so if anybody is interested this is a call out let me know if nothing else it would make some great photos

16. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

You win Mike, pick up your trophy at the tower LOL!!

Jon

17. Ya, what he said! If I do that, its gonna grind of my original ole school push bar, and I like it, so hello old school wheelie bars.

18. Didn't Kev go to the Hamb Drags, or something back east? Maybe he'll be up for it.

19. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Gonna do a patent pending ,all four wheels, off the ground ,wheelie Mike?

20. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

you know me "its all about the show"

21. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

Thanks Falfasnightmare ! I don't know what wheel I'll find for the rear but thought I would ask about the 200S's. I have a good bit of updating to do once the weather gets warmer ! I do have a USED older Lakewood 55-57 specific Scatter shield but have to get creative to mount my high torque starter to it. If I can make it, I am up for any and all grudge racing for the 13-14 sec crowd ! This car has never been down the track yet. Hopefully I can get some Norwalk, DragWay 42 or Thompson runs before I make it to the Meltdown !

22. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

there is that 62-63 Chevy II that likes to wheelie about 1/2 way down the track.it’s on the rough side, strait axle, red with spray can yellow flames. Don’t <O:pknow if he is on the HAMB, but he was at Melt Down last year.<O:p

23. Are the meltdown drags teaming up with the Hunnert car heads up again this year.

24. Jim, that would be the "HIGH n WILD" Chevy II

He has often match raced Mike 's green 56 Chev (mjb3707) at previous years events.

25. We'll be at the HCHU.

A few of us have entirely new projects in the works, and hopefully we will be far enough to make some shakedown runs by then ;)

26. Sounds great Rick, we would love to have you back again.

27. laddyboy

laddyboy

Heres the june line up.
    June 7th 2014.

[​IMG]

28. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

The wife asks if she can ride in the car while racing? If so she may let me come and spend enough time on the car to make it safe. as far a scatter shields would that be the same as my quick time bellhousing?

29. a quick time is sfi certified. it should have a silver sticker on it. i run one also. you can't get a better piece.

30. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

Thank you for the reply i wanted to make sure i didn't need more protection. Next flywheel inspection to see if its forged or cast any good way to identify? transmission is a muncie M20 or m21 coupled to 327 chevy motor.