Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wireing harness ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratfink707, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ratfink707

ratfink707

I have started a project a 1949 Chevy 2 door styline deluxe I am gonna run a 235 and the three speed but gonna switch from coulom to floor shift any ways before I put engine in while car is striped down I'd like to run full new wireing where can I find a complete harness for reasonable price or should I find some sort of junction box and wire it on my own ? Any info greatly appreciated !!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. my suggestion is pen and ink everything in your truck that needs 12vdc. count out the circuits and buy a fuse block and wire. just keep in mind the amp draw for wire size.

3. chopped

chopped

Anyone do a search anymore?

4. Guy has a car, not a truck... he can't search, other guys can't read, I guess.

Wiring's a matter of choice, but you'll spend around $200 minimum for a kit.

It's a pain in the ass to find a floor shift for the stock transmission, so far as I know, unless one intended for 55-up can be adapted to them.

5. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yep, for the money, Rebel is a good choice. Some kits, like American Autowire, may offer some slight advantages, but in the end it is all just wiring and a fuse block, so it isn't rocket science.

Don

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

American Autowire over Rebel anyday!!! Highway 15 kit has everything and more, so much easier to wire and everything plugs in and is included (ignition, headlights, and high/low beams) plus they have signal kits for certain columns that will plug into the harness. I'm on my third kit and won't ever touch a rebel kit.

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

9. RPM

RPM

Anything at all except Rebel!.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Not sure why you feel that way, Ron. I have installed pretty much all of them, including AA, Painless, Francis, and Rebel, and the Rebel kit, for about a third the price of an AA kit, does the job just fine. AA should be a good kit for the high price they charge !

Yes, the removable wires from the AA block is a nice feature, but beyond that wires are just wires. The Rebel wires are individually marked as to destination, the instructions are very clear, and the support on the phone is top notch.

I can wire a car from scratch with rolls of wire and parts, and I get those at cost, but I can't do it for the low price Rebel charges. I have one on my 27 and was so impressed I am going to use another one on my rpu when the time comes.

But to each his own.

Don

11. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

I really like Rebel products.

12. ratfink707

ratfink707

Thanks guys for the info ! Sorry for not searching just got this app couple days ago ! Also I found a 12 circuit harness in speedway catalog $144.99 1392184549983.jpg

Sent from my HTC first using H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. 55willys

55willys

Centech is my favorite and I use it to wire almost every car that goes through our shop. Sometimes I just get the panel and use the leftover wires from the last 2 kits along with some rolls of cross linked wire. Other times I get the whole kit that is made specific for that car. They are very helpful and their kits are well thought out. Jim

14. Another thumbs up for Rebel. Quick to respond to my questions and wire is high quality. I suspect the other wiring harnesses are just as good. A new harness is money well spent