Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The "Red Ryder"...my new '48 F1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugsy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It's called the "nosurf hamb BBQ " no one said that he had to be there in person right? Maybe we can do BBQ bibs with his face on them haha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Looks like a great start!

3. gregaustex

gregaustex
    from Austin

great find on Your F1. Subscribed.

4. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Well...I've been chipping away on the little things the last, couple of weeks and it's starting to come together. I welded nuts to the back of the patches that I made for the floor and seat mounts and set the seat back in. These will work better than the angle iron and self tappers that were holding it in!! Just need to weld the patches in place now...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also welded in some patches on the tranny cover so I could install a proper, accelerator pedal. It had a cobbled together on out of another vehicle and the place where it mounted on the cover was rusted through....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I yanked out the gas tank and flushed it and ended up installing new, hard line from the tank to the pump as the old line was plugged solid. I decided to install a glass filter before the pump too so I can see what's going on and if it's plugging up...
    [​IMG]

I got the ignition all figured out and rewired and got her fired off. Man...the flattie runs smooth!!! Then....I took her on the first run through the neighborhood last night!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!! It was great and now I just need to get the lights wired up and install new taillights and I will be in business!!! I will still have a lot more that I want to do but this was a big step!! I'll try to get some video of her running soon.
    [​IMG]

5. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Last night when I got home, I had a little surprise in the mailbox...olskool34 (Jeff) had sent me some decals that he's made up and selling. These are really cool and are the logo from a model company that his Granddad and great granddad had back in the 40's. He makes them to mount in windows and also to stick anywhere else you want. I love the logo and it has a really slick, 1940's futuristic look to it that I think is just right for the Red Ryder!!! Before I took her around the block, she got her first bit of bling in the rear window!! Thanks Jeff!!! I stuck another one on my Plomb tool box!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

So cool, I've gotta get me one of those

7. NoSurf

NoSurf

woo hoo.

Lookin good Billie-Ray

8. olskool34

olskool34

Glad they got to ya safe bro! That looks perfect in the back window of the Red Ryder. The colors really pop with the red paint. The pickup is turning out awesome man, wish it were sitting in my garage.

9. Way to go Turbo! Let's see some video Mr!

10. LostHope

LostHope

Oh snap! Looking good brotha...your putting some work in, sometimes i think a new project helps get the blood flowing and motivation back, keep it up! One piece at a time!

11. Hey!! What are you doing????

12. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Mikey....I haven't touched the roadster or Red Ryder for weeks. I've been so swamped at work/home and with everyone else's projects. It's ridiculous and I need to get back on both of them. I'm out for the BBQ too. Looks like Salina is my next shot to hang with my homeys.....

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Always a bummer when life gets in the way of a good time haha.

Light a fire under it and we'll see you in Salina!