Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 Ford Roadster Glove Box Pic?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 9, 2014.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have to make a glove box lid & hinge for the '36 Roadster, have the out line of the lid but would like pic's of the opening and how it's hinged. Does the lid fit flush or over lap the dash? Thanks!

2. tltony

tltony
    from El Cajon

Sorry no pics right now but it overlaps about 3/8" into a slight recess..semi flush.

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

So didn't have a '36 Ford Roadster glove box lid so I sliced and diced a real nice closed '36 lid. Have it somewhat bent to the not so flat '36 Roadster dash. How much of this is supposed to be recessed into the dash if any.
    tltony, you say semi flush meaning it sticks up a little higher than the dash itself?

Attached Files:

4. tltony

tltony
    from El Cajon

Well, my dash and lid are wrapped in vinyl. I built the car 22 years ago and the car's not here right now, so I'm going from memory. Mine probably sticks up about 2 layers of vinyl, so it's probably flush when only painted. Sorry, can't be more precise.

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

When you get her unwrapped we will need pic's of the Roadster ya know! Thanks for info just trying to get it close, not perfect!

6. carbuilder

carbuilder

Lon the glove box door sits flush with the dash, the wire hinge is a bugger to make, I made up a jig & it still takes me almost 2 hrs to form it. It is 1/4 dia wire has a roll out at the bottom for each side so it comes out when opening the door, then goes up the side's rounds the top & goes out about 1 1/2 inches towards the center. The outer skin is rolled over the wire like wire edging a fender. I have made 6 glove box doors & it takes me 6 hrs to build the door with hinge wraps. The door just barley clears the dash when you open it.

7. tbauer

tbauer

Sorry I just saw your thread ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392810196.917343.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392810267.404140.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392810322.979349.jpg
    I hope these pics help

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!