Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big bottom girl or The big ugly It's finished

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaco, Oct 13, 2013.

1. I like your choice in wheels. :)

Attached Files:

2. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good Job Man!...& Very Cool!...
    (You won't park next to another one like it!)
    T

3. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Jaco,

I love what you've done with this car. It is not ugly now!! The blue is awesome and Im glad you went with that instead of the silver/white combo. One suggestion I would make would be to black out the eggshell portion of the grill so that you cant see it as much. That would make the horizontal bars stick out but since they are simple I think it would work. Anyway, below are a couple of pictures I saved a few years ago of a similar car but 2 door. The wheel tire combo is nice.

Paul
    PS Nice 38 Plymouth in the background! I used to have one myself!

Attached Files:

4. jaco

jaco

Wow 50de who would have thought that a thin whitewall would look so good on a Saltflat wheel. Something to think about.
    Yep Nash you and I have the same thoughts about the grill. I was going to do that to the grill. That is why I shaved the turn signal lights.
    I am really having trouble on the wheels. One day I like one style and the next I like another. I have a friend that has a set of chrome reverse wheels that I might borrow to see how they look. I have the salt flats but they will need bigger tires. I also have a set of 18" Boss wheels that might look good on it but they are the wrong bolt pattern and I am looking at a set of Cragar Eliminators also. Who knows I might just windup painting the rallys and use them with different tires. Lots to think about.

5. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Looks great!!! Keep it going

6. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Jaco;

Smooth chromies w/smooth chrome center caps would do serious justice to that color.

I was hoping you wouldn't shave the center light from the trunk. One feature I liked on the '48 Chrysler Windsor rag I had for a short while. They work well for a 3rd brake light, & are uncommon enough to get someones' attention.

Very nice so far.

Marcus...

7. robertsregal

robertsregal

Lookin good, like the blue!

8. jaco

jaco

Woohoo! Looks like I will have a couple days off work due to about 1/4" of snow. You have to remember that I live in Alabama. If two snowflakes land on top of each other we call that an acumination and it shuts down everthing. It looks like we may get up to another 1" tomorrow so there goes another day off.
    I have the car taped up and ready to do a little sanding and then I can paint the motor and under the car. But it is going to be too cold to be out in the big shop (no insinuation or heat) so it looks like I will be back on the interior. I have a seperate one car shop that is my paintbooth/interior shop that I can heat. Hope it heats up some for the weekend.
    How much snow does it take to shutdown everything where you live?
    Taped up and waiting for better temps.
    [​IMG]
    My paintbooth/interior shop.
    [​IMG]

9. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

It takes a bunch in Illinois. This pic of my shop was taken after the first snow we got. The small piles you see are taller than me now and everything is still going. I should move down south. (grin)

[​IMG]

The big girl is looking good. I like the off topic 66 in the background too.

10. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

I dig the stance and the wheels but it needs taller tires. with that much nose you could fit a viper v-10 in there and still have room for a spare small block ! as far as paint goes stick to something CLASSY like black and silver or white and silver not hotroddy like red or orange. you've made it cool already in my opinion.

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

^^^You must have missed the part where he already painted it^^^
    Good thing you didnt say not to paint it blue:D

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

LOL...enjoy your day(s) off...here in ColoRODo it takes about 32 inches to shut everything down...and we haven't seen 31.8 inches since 2003...

Here's a list of our major snow accumulations:

1. 45.7 inches December 1-5, 1913
    2. 31.8 inches March 17-19, 2003
    3. 30.4 inches November 2-4, 1946
    4. 23.8 inches December 24, 1982
    5. 23.0 inches April 23, 1885
    6. 22.7 inches October 20-23, 1906
    7. 21.9 inches October 24-25, 1997
    8. 21.5 inches November 26-27, 1983
    9. 20.7 inches December 20-21, 2006
    10. 19.3 inches January 29-31, 1883
    11. 19.0 inches April 24-25, 1935
    12. 18.7 inches March 5-6, 1983
    13. 18.5 inches March 20-22, 1944
    14. 18.2 inches April 17-19, 1920
    15. 18.0 inches March 19-20, 1907
    16. 18.0 inches March 31-Apr 1, 1891
    17. 17.7 inches November 19-21, 1979

FWIW, Steamboat Springs, in the northwest corner of our state got 87 inches in the last four days...can you say 10 and a half FEET of snow in 72 hours...???

Here's a shot of my back-yard garage in 2003...

R-

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  13. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

cool!! :d

14. classic gary

classic gary

hmm......global warming..........

15. pammiesuesguy

pammiesuesguy

There's one in Fremont painted white with a 350/350 in it. You can open the hood and crawl in to work on it. He uses it for wedding and prom rentals. Rich Gabrielson

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

17. jaco

jaco

Man that's just not right Oahu! We have friends that are on vacation there. They called yesterday just to rub it in.
    We use to live in Germany when I was very young and I remmember the snow there. I loved it then but I sure am glad we donot get much here. Looks like another round today.

18. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

jaco,

Are you gonna show us how you do the interior? I mean like step by step, sort of. Thats one thing I'd like to try and see if I can do it. To muddy the waters on wheel choice you could go with ribbed Radirs. Love those too.

Paul

19. jaco

jaco

Had a great weekend. Things are finality looking up. I think that I may be going downhill now.
    I got the underside painted, frame painted, firewall painted, motor painted and reinstalled.
    Still a lot of work left but I can now start putting things back together for the last time.
    Hey Nash I will take a few pics of how I do the interior. May not be the right way but it is how I have learned to do it. I like the Radars a lot and I think the Cragar Eliminators look like an updated Radar wheel.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a pic of the progress.
    [​IMG]

20. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I hadn't seen trhose Cragar Eliminators before but do agree they kinda look like Radirs. Ought to look good on your car.

21. jaco

jaco

Thanks Oahu. I think the wheels will look good. I may paint the center of the spokes a dark gray.
    I have been looking and asking around for about 2 months trying to find a used set of wheels that would look good on the car. I gave up Sunday and ordered a set of the Cragars. I looked on Craigslist today and found just what I was looking for but I had already ordered the Cragars. If I only waited one more day. I guess I could cancel my order but once I make a commitment I stick to it if I can. Seems like that is how it goes with me.

22. Chromed Artillery wheels, what else do you use on a tank :D Joking aside, its a cool car.

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

If you post a straight on shot of the Cragars I can photoshop the colors you're thinking about and put them on the car. That may help with your decision. Eli

24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Those are actually more like the old hurst wheels,Do a search on the net and you should find some of those with a grey and/or gold inserts,I think I like the cragars better as is.
    [​IMG]

25. jaco

jaco

Thanks Oahu. I will try and find a pic you can use.
    Yea Low that is close. I only want to paint the low part of the center of the rim.

26. Looks good - I LOVE big bottomed girls :D

Steve

27. diamond dave

diamond dave

that's a whole lot of sexy car. I was trying to figure out how to get that car from you when it was for sale.

28. jaco

jaco

Hey Dave. I wish you would have figured out a way to buy it. Would have saved me a lot of work and I could have started on my 37 coupe.

29. jaco

jaco

Little progress today. Put the Cragars on and finished up the motor.
    Nothing special on the motor. Just valve covers and breather. I like to keep it clean and simple under the hood.
    [​IMG]
    New wheels.
    [​IMG]

30. jaco

jaco

Here are a few pics with the trim mocked up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]