Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Help Id a bizzarre custom corvette?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lazlobassett, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Well, I was off on another rumored car stash and caught up with the truthful dope and some cool cars.
    This is titled as a 1960 corvette, severely modified and some whacky steering, huh? Love to find some documentation on it if anyone has seen it, was supposedly on the show circut and took a first at NYC auto show one year ( unknown at this time)

Any help?

I'll be going back soon to have a better look and get more pics....maybe be bringing some things home....I do like the lincoln...not a Hamb car but well....not every day one finds cars like that.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Cant help on the Vette, but I do remember seeing that steering wheel setup for sale in some magazines back in the day. That's the first one I've seen on a car.

3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I can identify that as a Stingray, not a '60 Corvette. I will also identify it as the worst butcher job I have ever seen done upon a Stingray. I cannot imagine that it has any value (real or historical). It may have some minor value as a parts car. It must have been the only car in that class at that show. It is in a class by itself.

4. cavman

cavman

That is bizarre for sure. But it's a mid year coupe, not a'60.

5. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

So exactly how does one steer that beast?

6. Beau

Beau

Really. Really? Some times this place is amazing.

I'd love to see photos of it in it's day.

7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

You got that right!

8. alchemy

alchemy

Yeah, really. Built just for shock value, no style or performance left anywhere in that car.

9. Must be Corvette Summer's Daddy !

10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Still, it's an interesting piece. I'd like to see more pics of it. May want to poke around in there, may be more interesting stuff. !! Lippy

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

poor vette

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. squirrel

squirrel

It could be "fixed", if you so desire. I'd be a bit leery of buying it if the title says 1960, because that's not what it is.

13. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Try and read the vin if you go back for more pics. The easiest one to read is on the cross brace under the glove box door.

14. That poor vette!!!

15. Beau

Beau

Oh, I guess you have more info on this "parts car with no value"?

16. Lazlo,

I think that HJmanic is on the right track (pun INtended :D), but I'd like to know more about the late 20's Dodge Bros in the 2nd pic!!!

17. slowmotion

slowmotion

Like to see that in the light of day. Bizarre & interesting in a circus sideshow kinda way...

18. gwarren007

gwarren007

With the sterling/manta styled front end, it may have been a kit car.

19. squirrel

squirrel

I doubt it....not likely that a company could sell more than one of something so ugly

20. Dennis D

Dennis D

Looks to have been a '66 factory air car in it's previous life. Sad.......Dennis D

21. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

it does have air.
    There is also an unmolested 60 corvette in pieces in the barn...and a 30's caddy reported to have a Al Capone connection. I am workng on the research, hope to buy them all.

I believe the other old car to be a Hudson, it belongs to someone else and is not available.

I'll keep on this thread as things develop, if anyone finds anything please let me know.

Great fun !

Thanks much folks!

Matt

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

who cares about that Vette? I'm sure it could be put back to normal with a little time and money.

that Lincoln is a cool car. I'd rather have that.

23. alsancle

alsancle

The Lincoln is very cool. Take more pictures of that.

24. That is a kind of a brandy cognac deal there isn't it? All Stingrays are corvettes but not all corvettes are stingrays.

I am going to really piss someone off here, but they need a good pissing off I suppose. That car must have been built after Roe v Wade because abortion wasn't legal prior to that.

25. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Heres a couple more snaps...

Attached Files:

26. jesse1980

jesse1980

Nice find. The stock vette would be cool to get. All the cars are cool though. Good luck on the deal.

27. the-rodster

the-rodster

That 36 Lincoln has to be rare.

Rich

28. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

The hacked up Vette with the odd steering is an air conditioned (probably) 66. There should be 2 plates attached to the cross bar behind/underneath the glove box. One plate contained the VIN, the other plate had trim info. Stolen Vettes typically had the VIN tag missing and only the trim tag showing. Beware of Vettes with one tag. Since there is a second Vette of 60s vintage, the owner may have the cars mixed up. The title may belong to the 60 Vette, not the hack job. Interesting find. Please keep posting.

29. alchemy

alchemy

Guess I stepped on your toes. Did you build the car?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.