Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has any body doen it? SBC in 1957 Fairlane?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevydeuce, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Ya just don't do that.
    -Dean

2. teddyp

teddyp

Well is the sbc in the car ? If it is i hope it runs good as most sbc do and he is enjoying the shit out of the car and laughing at to cry babies and having a good time

3. ironpile

ironpile

Come on grow a set,all other fords are fair game. If you really have a set ,put SBF in a 57 Chevy.

4. Chevydeuce

Chevydeuce

Can somebody please close this thread?

Car didn´t change since. Got sidetracked by my own projects.
    Owner sure will do it himself when he returns from detroit next Year or so. It just won´´t be me. The most responses here just weren´t related to the questions I asked so I don´´t see a sence to keep this tread open to add the next twnety pages of "don´t do it"
    Thanks

5. DAD57FORD

DAD57FORD
    from utah

hang in there i did it to my 57 sits alittle high but runs great! i just used what i had im sure i wil get alot of dirty looks at the car show o well there just jelous only cost me 20 bucks for the engine and trans!

6. DAD57FORD

DAD57FORD
    from utah

and if some one complains ill tell the give me a running 312 y block and will be happy to drop it in, and how many other fords do we see at shows with a sbc?

7. Redlighting

Redlighting
    from Tn

..............I know old thread.( I was doing some searching) Thanks for the above great info. Saved to favorites. :)

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got a 351-C that will be going in a Chevy after I get a few other projects done,was going to put it or my extra Y block in my 37 p/u but decided to take the easy route and put another 235 back in it but when I find a good rolling Chevy body and other projects done it will happen.

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That's funny, four years ago you had an extra 460/C6 you were "thinking about" putting in '57 Chevy and now you're thinking about putting a 351 in a Chevy. Do you ever actually put a Ford in a Chevy or do you just "think about it?"

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. " nein , das ist nicht richtig " .

11. as stated before it's quite easy with a rear sump pan ,and as for cross breading ,I do remember a 34 chevy in melbourne with an FE in it , it" just something I don't agree with

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

He'll get a lot of laughs when it comes time to sell...

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have been wanting to do it for many years but nothing has come along to put one of my Ford motors in,its going to happen one of these days but do not know when. If I was starting over with my 37 Chevy p/u it would definately get a Ford motor but I do not want to take it that far apart right now so its going to stay stovebolt powered,my extra 460 got donated to a car club for a race car project which I will never do again so the only extra motors I have are a 272 Y block and a recently aquired 351-C. Having too many vehicles and not enough money has kept me from actually doing a Ford in a Chevy swap but mark my words it will happen,I probably would have never have gotten the desire to do that swap but after being on the internet it really got me wanting to do it.

14. 64*thunderbolt

64*thunderbolt

I see it all the time,what a disappointment to walk up to beautiful looking old ford, hood open and wtf, a sbc, are you kidding me,at least put a 302 in it, there everywhere,do yourself a favor keep it all ford, you'll be glad you did.

15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just making sure everyone realizes what is going on with this thread. The OP left this thread 70 posts and nearly 5 years ago...

16. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

F***ing newbs.

17. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Amen!!!

And 5 years later it is still a stupid idea.......

18. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

10 pages of crap and 2 replies that actually helped the guy... that's disappointing. Personally I'd like to see an all aluminum GT-40 302 in there... all Ford, light and 345 HP out of the box. Back in the early 70's my cousin ran a 327 in a 57 Ranchwagon.... great car and turned a lot of heads. The guys giving him flack usually found themselves staring at his tail lights. His biggest reason for switching was that he routinely blew up motors street racing, and he could find good 327's in every junkyard for peanuts at that time. I wasn't there for the swap so I don't have details, but I know it was done fairly quickly with no big complications. If 9 pages of whiners didn't change his mind, I don't see any point in bitchin the guy out.... if your a rodder make a cool car and make it go... I really don't care where you got your parts.

19. I last chimed in on the post in 2009. Since then I have built a '59 Ford with a hot 355 Chevy and a 4-speed. The car weighs around 3450, maybe less with all the aluminum pieces on the engine and the M20.
    HP is over 400 and I haven't broken anything so far, but I went with a good custom drive shaft, quality 3.89 posi (Quick Performance) and all other good parts. It surprises a lot of people and I've beat some what were supposedly fast cars street racing.

So screw everyone, build what you like. I'm contemplating a 427 big block for the future, the fly in the ointment with that is the front sump pan, I have yet to find one for a BBC.

20. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Damn ,it works , but why put the turd in the punch bowl ? To each his own , find a Chebbie to put it in . Just my opinion , and we all know everyone has one and they all stink

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Insightful

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app