Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ' 41 chevy master deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Southside Steve, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Southside Steve

Southside Steve

well ive spent time and money to unlock, put back together , and find out thec 216 in the car i just bought needs to be completely rebuilt,.

concidering i simply want to drive this car before doing a v8 conversion and updating this gem,

( previous owner already did a decent restore... not off the frame but a patch and paint ....., new interior and frenched fenders with a fairly nice paint job and a a couple up grades , about 15 yrs. ago).

i'm looking for a bolt in fix , my brother says a later model inline six should bolt up to that trans, what is involved and what should i look for? i already have an idea for the v8 upgrade, but want to buy eberthing i need before undertaking that proj, right now i just want to drive the car. suggestions?

is there a v8 that will bolt up to the old drive line ? and what would be involved there?

2. Ironclad

Ironclad
    from Covina

216,(of course) 235 or 261 is bolt on with small modifications on water pump. But V8 would be a waste of money & time trying to adapt to original drivetrain