Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calli whitewalls?? anybody running them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Feb 8, 2014.

1. fitzee

fitzee

Just found this place on line called Calli whitewalls. seems they are making there own white walls and Im thinking they are grinds?? anybody running these tires and whats the deal on them. its a cheap tire and interested in finding out more about them

http://callitw.com/index.php?route=common/home

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Website says they're vulcanized whitewalls over new radial tires only.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

I went by and checked these out when he first started doing them. I'm pretty sure it's the same place, and I ended up spending my money on some Firestones through Coker.

The quality just wasn't there to me on the cheap tires, they may have gotten better over time but when I saw them in person I didn't feel comfortable running them on my wagon, they just didn't look like a white wall should.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt as it was a while back when I saw them. I haven't seen them recently in person.

4. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

And the white wall itself doesn't go all the way to the rim like a standard white wall does. He does tell you that and it says it in the descriptions. That was the biggest reason I didn't go with them.

5. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

For a poor man like me - may be just the thing to go with.

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A little more info that Lone Star Mopar referenced from their website: Calli Tire & Wheel LLC is proud introduce our line of custom made and affordable whitewall tires! Our process takes a radial blackwall tire and turns it into a whitewall tire using real whitewall rubber. This is not a paint, but real raw whitewall rubber (pictured above). The rubber is vulcanized (cured using heat and pressure) to permanently bond the whitewall rubber to the tire.
    http://callitw.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

7. Ice man

Ice man

Back in the 60s I was a line mechanic for Massey Buick in the Burg. All used cars had white walls. This fella came with a tractor Trailer wit a set up that applied white walls on ever used car in stock. If it came in with Blacks it left with Whites. We also had a 100% warranty and all speedos were zeroed. Also any problem we found on the car was fixed, ANY problem, before it was put on the lot. Iceman

8. BadManMotors

BadManMotors
    from upstate ny

Grampappy got a bunch of special dealer Buick tools when they went out of service...lol out of service.

9. oldolds

oldolds

Isn't this about the same process that Diamondback uses?

10. Yeah,nothing new just another company getting in the radial white wall game. HRP

11. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Good for these guys, the WW industry needs some competition to lower prices. And yes, I believe this is the same process Diamondback uses. I'd love to hear a follow up with close up pictures from anyone who got these!

12. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

I just hope they're starting with a decent tire to begin with...

13. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Got a set years ago, but from another company, not Coker or Diamondback either. After about a month they started to yellow. I talked to a friend in the tire biz and he told me if they don't have uv protection in the rubber when it's made they will yellow. I'm not an expert at anything, that's just what I was told.

14. The OP said they were cheap tires,,so I believe that equates to short tread life. HRP

15. fitzee

fitzee

wild! same as diamondback! this I never new.. I have a few in these parts get cokers and had blowouts. I find www tires are not cheap and where I live, shipping is out to lunch. set of 4 tires can cost me 13 to 1500 landed with shipping. trying to find a cheaper line and heard good things about dimondbacks and if these are much the same I can see these being something I can afford.

16. fitzee

fitzee

yes this could be true but I heard the same about coker tires have short life as well.

17. fitzee

fitzee

dido on that.

18. atomickustom

atomickustom

I am happy with my Diamondback radials, but if these had been around 5 years ago I'd have bought them in a heartbeat. It took me years to finally pull the trigger on almost $1k for 4 tires.

The factor that matters most is if the white rubber is somehow sealed from the black rubber. If not, they WILL turn brown because the chemicals in the black rubber WILL leach into the white rubber. I bought a set around 2000 from a place that went under called something like "Antique Automobile Tires" out of Kansas and all 4 of them browned pretty quickly. That kept me from buying any more until just two years ago!

19. dan31

dan31

Also as with any of these white walls proper storage is very important. White walls can not touch the black side of another tire or it will also yellow-common mistake(been there)

20. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pay attention to what dan31 said--diamondback also warns against this--my kid did it and had a tough time getting them right after. My diamondbacks are fine and no yellowing yet nor my son's been on a few years too. Jus put another set of diamondbacks on a 40 std as well.

21. fitzee

fitzee

22. ralph9577

ralph9577
    from california

the guy that got the set of test tires is a friend of mine out of yuba city california has them on his 61 impala and hes driven them in all kinds of weather he said they are at this point to be very reliable and whitewall stays white and cleans easy

23. Any updates on these? Price seems right

24. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

I just saw these as well...any new news on them? Can't drop $250 a tire...it just doesn't make sense for such a high wear item. It's either gonna be these or home made grinds. I'd prefer these

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Diamondback is having a sale right now :
    R-

Don't miss out! Last chance before our 2015 price increase!

[​IMG]

Offer good through April 30, 2015

www.dbtires.comDiamond Back Classics
    4753 Hwy 90
    Conway, SC 29526
    1-888-922-1642

26. JLB3

JLB3

I bought a set of Callitw tires and was thrilled with how they look. They even made me a 16" tire size not available on their website.

I've yet to drive them....but they are name brand tires like Goodyear etc... Shouldn't be any surprises there.

All in all, Diamondback and Coker prices are absurd. I'd like to see their markup %. Someone is making a ton of money.

27. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

It's been a year since this topic was last discussed. Any new info? I did e-mail them and they said they can do ANY tire. In other words, I asked them if could send in my own tires (even the ones on the car now) instead of using tires from them and they said yeah. It was a huge drop in price too so if you have good tires it would be something to consider

28. JLB3

JLB3

I've yet to drive mine, I did scrub off the blue and they have begun to yellow. BUT, I have not tried to clean them with a brass brush like suggested on their website. I hope I can get the yellow off without too much trouble.

29. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

I think they look better with a little yellow to them. Tires (imo of course) that are super bright white kinda look strange, almost like porta-walls.

30. I pick up a set of 4 last winter. Very impressed with the quality. Balanced no problem. Been running them for 4 months now. 20160430_135916.jpg