Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dual carbs mounted on the Crosley!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Chev, Aug 26, 2009.

1. this is just plain cool !!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

Went to Wauseon OH last summer for their convention. Fun looking rides and saw everything from a SBC in one and others (Farm O Road??) with dual rear ag tires and plows and mowers! Trucks, wagons, convertibles and even a fire truck! One little vehicle for everyone.

3. Tank

Tank

The fire trucks I believe were used at amusement parks, and carnivals. Not as fire trucks, but as a ride to haul kids around on. Seriously. There were several built.

4. other fire trucks were also made that were actually in service as fire trucks, quite commonly used at airports and in various factory buildings and such.

5. alsancle

alsancle

I've always wanted a hot-shot or super sport. Thought they were very cool. I would imagine with a hopped up engine they will motivate a bit.

6. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

Dad used to race a 3/4 midget and it had a Crosley 4 banger. If I remember right it had Jahn's pistons, Isky cam, homemade headers, etc. A local MN guy made his own hi-tecj head for it way back (60's). Fun times.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. 41woodie

41woodie

And as an added bonus you will have suctioned the contents of your head into the engine.

8. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

In the 60s Crosleys were the hot setup in 3/4 midgets. We used to go watch them when I was in high school and they hauled a##

9. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

every time someone mentions crosley lately all I want to do is make a street legal version of a bandini with motorcycle motor in it. reverse?? who needs it! 140hp fuel injected 6 speed sequential gearbox sports car that weighs less than 700lbs

I'll take two please!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk and Michbandini like this.
  10. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

My dad belonged to a 3/4 midget racing association, and mostly raced in Barron, Wi at a track there. I do however remember traveling to IA and even IL at times to race it. Memories...

11. 40bcool

40bcool
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa,Ok

Deuce Chev i have a Quick change housing with side bells. These were made to go on a Crosley powered 3/4 Midget. It is made as i understand for Crosley ring gear and pinion. This was made in Tulsa Ok in early 50s late 40s. The QC housing has the name HOOD and TULSA cast on it. The QC and side bell are not MACHINED. These are NOS castings only. If you are interested email me [email protected]. I can supply pictues on request. 40BCOOL:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Certainly never thought of a Crosley on this site. I have "FarmO Road" 2 Station Wagons and two door sedan. in 1949 for about 5 or 6 months time they were built with Disk Brakes on all four corners. My 1949 Station Wagon has the disk brakes.
    Have an midget engine with all the braje stuff, dual side draft Amal Carbs.
    Neat little cars! Really like this little rascal, your kids will be all over wanting to drive it!
    That Is not A Big Horn That Is A REVERSE THRUSTER TO SLOW THIS BEAST DOWN!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  13. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Ok,,,that trike is just cool. So is your car, love the look on your sons face.

14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

another latecomer to this thread. I really like Crosley engines. What outboard motor was built with rights to Crosley design, put the crank vertical as I remember and made it a four cylinder outboard power head? Was it Homelite??

15. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Man that is an awesome rail, I love the "gnat catcher" injection hat. Very cool indeed, must have been a blast at 14

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Hard to believe those crosley motors are like 1/3 the cubes of a ford v8 60!

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. willsweptline

willsweptline

Fun fact: Economy / Power King garden tractors used the same B/W t90 transmissions, rear ends, and steering columns/boxes as Crosley, all the way up into the early 80's

18. A couple of Crosleys tearin' it up on the race track.

The first shot is likely from an indoor race at the Ft Wayne Memorial Coliseum. The second pic appears to be from the infield of the old Ft Wayne Speedway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. olcurmudgeon,

Yup, Homelite was one later versions of the Crosley:

"Homelite, a division of Textron Inc. in Port Chester NY, in 1961 took over the ownership of the Crosley family tree and developed a successful derivative. They increased the displacement to 59 CI, enabling a rated 55-HP at 5500 RPM. The 59 CI was obtained by increasing the 53 CI Fageol/Crofton's 2.25 inch stroke to to 2.5 keeping the 2.75 inch bore."

Here's the site that the info above is from:

http://crosleyautoclub.com/EngineTree/Crosley_Eng_Tree-4.html

REALLY gllad this thread got bumped up- I picked up a Crosley engine and a pair of Homelites a while back... been thinking about making twin-engined rail to run at Brad54's Gear Jam :D

20. SHIPPIE

SHIPPIE

Those duel-carbs look to be a Chuck Koehler specials! I know cause I have the same set-up... right down to the custom made air cleaners! I gotta hunt me down one of the new Braje exhaust headers!!!

21. SHIPPIE

SHIPPIE

I went on the hunt for that newer-styled Braje header - couldn't find any info. I did hear Braje parts were being made again. Could you give me a lead on where to pick one up? Thanks!

22. jpm49c

jpm49c

Braje speed equipment
    Nick's son, Blaz still produces many of the pieces. He operates at the same location his father did: Braje Equipment 1651 W 130th Street Gardena CA (213) 321-2247

23. mr shiftys used cars

mr shiftys used cars
    from sedalia,mo

Sweet Crosley I love those cars

24. Michbandini

Michbandini
    from Italy

It was and still is street legal. If you want to buy one, it will be for sale next month at RM auction in London, the first owner is been Alex Raymond (the flash Gordon cartoonist) http://www.rmsothebys.com/lf15/london/lots/1953-bandini-750-sport-siluro/1076746
    about new projects, I'm here counting orders :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  25. pdq67

pdq67

I sure wish that they would have used non-corrosive braze paste or whatever putting the sheet metal engines together. If it had been done, I figure there would be more of the little the suckers around.

Same way with the production numbers of the V-8, 60 Ford mini-engines.. Wished more had been made....

"Bandini" you say!!

Learn something new every day because I didn't know about them.

Thanks,

pdq67

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Michbandini likes this.
  26. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Bandi modified crosley engine to DOHC..There were different versions during prototyping...Ilario Bandini in first pic.. .

Michbandini and volvobrynk like this.