Register now to get rid of these ads!

303 olds help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ibhotrod, Feb 8, 2014.

1. A friend of mine is putting together a 1966 olds 303 for his rod. He told me the machine shop lost one of his rocker arm pivots. He has not had any luck finding a replacement for his engine. Some one told him he could use a rocker pivot from a small block chevy. Is this true or should he keep looking for an original? I'm not to well versed on oldsmobiles so I couldn't give him an answer.
    Thanks

2. I'm not an Olds guy, but I don't think they made a 303 in '66........I have worked on 303 Olds motors and I believe they had rocker shafts.............Recheck what the motor actually is.

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

I'll bet it's a 330 Olds. Check out Melling part # MRM1798.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  4. Just Googled a pic of the rocker pivot.

Who ever told you that a Chevy *might* fit, is terribly, horribly and completely wrong.
    And it really doesn't matter which Olds engine it is for this to be true.

Cosmo

P.S. Machine shop lost it, machine shop does not get paid until it is found.

5. He caught me looking at the forum at work! so he asked me about it. Like I said I know diddly about olds motors. I did just google it and yeah it looks nothing like a sbc one. I know he said he had two different sets of heads. One set has adjustable rockers and one does not. He had the adjustable ones rebuilt but ended up not getting all his parts back. Sounds like the machine shop is giving him the run around.

6. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard

No such thing. There was a 330 in '66 with stamped rockers which are available.