Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941-1949 International Pu pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dsr_54, Apr 26, 2010.

1. lawman

lawman

Gota love those old Binders !!!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

2. Here is mine I have stashed at a buds place near Des Moines. Not sure what to do with it. V-8 manual trans if i build it. But the rest????? Maybe just sell to fund my Caddy project

Attached Files:

3. dsr_54

dsr_54

Fits good ! :D

Mine on a s10 frame.

[​IMG]

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

To me yours looks a little narrow in the front but it could be your wheels.

5. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

So where do you guys find repair/patch panels for the trucks?

I started another thread but i guess I can ask it here.

6. dsr_54

dsr_54

Some guys run wheel spacers in the front to make them wider. You must put a wider rear end in it.

7. havi

havi

Can anyone provide a measurement for a stock bed on a stock frame? I'm looking for how much space is between the bed floor and the frame at both the front, and at the rear axle kick-up. Also if those measurements include a cross bar (like some small rectangle tube or something) giving it more space or not.

Am I right to assume the long and short beds are the same width?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  8. Found this thread a little late but thought I'd post a few pictures of what we did with a 47 kb truck that was headed for the scrap pile, I hosted a week end work shop on how to redesign an ugly truck! not that these trucks are ugly! but they could have a little better proportions for a hot rod, so we gave it a go. i think the results are good and it gives a little more of streamline look. Now it is a sparetime shop project I have a group of young hoodlums cutting their teeth on how to customize and build something from what you have lying around there having a ball and the truck is looking better and just might be a driver this spring! iIhope you like it!

Attached Files:

samuelscreech likes this.
  9. My son's 47 project is stalled right now. It is getting a 400 sbc with 4 Weber DCOE carbs and mated to a B&M 700r4 and a Ford 9 inch. He is using the original frame, and hasn't decided exactly what to do with the front suspension. Here are a few pictures.
    Bob

Attached Files:

10. On our custom build we, we simply nipped & tucked the front fenders in appx 2 inches per side, that not only helped our wheel tire spacing, but help it look just a little more streamlined, & why not it was a simple modification V tapering the inner fender area, there is plenty of width on these old trucks, and pancaking the hood helped as well as raising the wheel arches.

Attached Files:

samuelscreech likes this.
  11. jazz1

jazz1

This is mine I completed 3 years ago,,frame off restoration on a very nice Minnesota truck, added a Fatman M11. 4.3gm with 700R4
    [​IMG]

I had set one of my other K models on S10 xtended cab frame for a look,,,but I did not like the idea of having to raise the floor in box a foot! Those rear frame rails come up quite a bit so turfed that idea. Keep stock frame and work from there..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  12. neb-rivet

neb-rivet
    from Nebraska

Here is my '48 KB6. It was a 2 ton farm truck but is now on a '78 Chevy 3/4 ton chassis.

Attached Files:

13. vanislander

vanislander

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]My '49 Jag front clip, explorer diff, small block olds.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  14. '48IHC

'48IHC

Don't have any pics handy to upload, however, my avatar is my 48 kb1. It also is sitting on an '82 s10 reg cab long box. Had to cut the box down roughly 5-6 inches I can't remember the exact measurement. It has a carbed 5.3LS and th400. If I had to do it again I would have kept the original frame and done a MII or Heidts IFS with a 4 link out back. The box is very shallow havin to clear the frame rails. On the other hand when you get a complete frame for $50 you can't just pass it up! I also am running a g80 zr2 blazer rear so it has disc brakes and is a limited slip. Running 2" spacers up front but plan to correct that with backspacing when I order my wheels.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. '48IHC

'48IHC

I made all mine. Complete floor(including toe kicks), inner and outer kick panels. As far as I know I Don't know of anyone that repops patch panels for the old binders. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas?

17. silversink

silversink

I posted in 2010 a picture of mine , in the mean time it has had a built 350 with a 350 trans and a 9" rear end. A satin black paint job and pin striping
    It was in last years Portland Roadster show and is driven weekly. I am in the process of redoing the brake system as it didn't come to a stop quite quick enough from a hywy speed.
    It runs in the low 14s with stock springs 051.jpg

108.jpg

069.jpg

312.jpg

301.jpg

318.jpg

327.jpg and frame.

18. Here is our shop project with a 38 dodge box modified to fit I think it's looking pretty good, who knew an old rusty I-H pile could look so cool! (get it snow on the truck, cool) I hope to get the boys back on it this spring but for now it's on Ice! get it Ice, Oh I'm so cleaver, lol. must be to many paint fumes

Attached Files:

19. silversink

silversink

In case anyone is looking for parts I will be at the Portland Swap Meet in April with all kinds of stuff for Ks and KBs.

20. Sterling Colorado was my stomping grounds as a kid, I still go through there often and still buy vehicles in the area, Here is my I-H truck project

Attached Files:

21. '48IHC

'48IHC

I'm from out east in idalia CO so been to sterling quite a bit ..

Love the work auto Doug. Coming along nicely. Lookin forward to more progress pictures..

22. Dqracer

Dqracer
    from Kentucky

a few pics of my 49 KB3 dually, swapped a 302 ,AOD into it , drives great, lots of fun on cruisenites.

183888_3732273347958_911999575_n.jpg 49.jpg 49-1.jpg