Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help ifs kits for 1963 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kcub57, Feb 7, 2014.

1. kcub57

kcub57
    from concord nc

I want to put in a IFS kit in my falcon, but which kit to use. The Helix kit has to be welded in with a lot of cutting ,engine must be moved forward which means oil pan must be changed,steering box and drive shaft . I was also the front will have to be beefed . I fond a bolt on from FATboy that none of these things have to be done but cost twice as much . These are things that I was told . Never did this before so if someone has used these kits to let me know what is true . I would have to pay for someone elsd to do all the welding and cutting. Any help appreciated .

2. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

3. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

What is wrong with the original suspension- it is the same as used in the early Mustang
    so there are a lot of upgrades available, and no cutting or welding needed.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

5. Very ambitious for your first post. Not sure what your trying to build our what you want to use the Falcon for. But the stock suspension is fine. Just freshen it up.
    Best of luck either way.
    Welcome to the HAMB.

6. I'll agree with Jetnow; you're 'fixing' something that isn't broken. There's tons of bolt-on upgrades and those can be added at any time and/or over time if the budget is a concern. Mustangs won a couple of trans-am championships with that suspension...

7. Drive Em

Drive Em

As stated above, Falcon's already come with IFS. The Shelby drop, new bushings and ball joints and it will serve you well. I would also suggest a Flaming River steering box, it was the best thing I did to my '63 Ranchero.

8. Drive Em

Drive Em

It's Heidt's and Fatman.

9. falconeer

falconeer

kcub57,if you got to have an ifs, try Rod and Custon Motor Sports in Florence SC. Lest expensive is to up grade to 65 falcon V-8 Front end. Use (and or) 65 mustang v-8 comp. but must use 65 falcon ctr. link. Mustang is to wide.
    Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC