Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought a Tag Topper in Jan.Hasn't been delivered yet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coupe man, Feb 7, 2014.

1. coupe man

coupe man

First off,this is not a rant.The topper left Texas on jan.15th.Has been in transit since.Just to help the Post Office out those who also purchased one,what type of container was it shipped in.An envelope or small box.It just might help them find it.Thanks.

2. Mine shipped in a cardboard CD shipper, and I ordered 2 toppers and some decals. Pretty sure yours should come the same way.

3. If there is a tracking number - see if it is in " dead storage "

Jim

4. coupe man

coupe man

Tracking number says it left texas on 1-15-2014 and is in transit to sorting facility.I'm sure with all the lousey weather these facilitys are a mess.Thanks for the replys.

5. b-bob

b-bob

Ordered one about the same time and it came in a thin cardboard envelope.

6. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I ordered mine and they came right away.
    It most likely has to do with weather.

7. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

If it was sent USPS...it may take a while.
    Last month I mailed something in an envelope from chicago to cleveland. A 400 mile trip.
    Usually takes 3 days.................It finally got delivered 3 weeks later.

8. i ordered something from California and it was shipped USPS Priority Mail 2 day , took almost 2 weeks to get here. it was interesting tracking it and see where it all went.

9. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Mine sat in post office storage for two weeks. It came in a padded envelope. When I called the post office to complain they gave me the normal run around but then it magically showed up two days later. Be prepared to stay on hold for a long time if you call.

10. I would have made contact with Ryan before posting here. I hope you did also.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Yea,,,,,,wouldnt want to look like a schmuck in the Boss's house.

12. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

A friend of mine lost a set of $1200 headlights shipping through the post office.He didn't know he had to buy insurance,he had a tracking number which was a useless as tits on a bull.It's been about a year now,after about a month of calling the post office told him if you call one more time we will close the case.He gave up. I keep telling him to call again he doesn't want to be bothered he got the parts out of a cleanout he did.

13. Post office was selling that stuff on eBay for a while, see if they turn up there.

I've no idea what's going on with them, I sent some packages out a while back, one to TX and one to NC and somehow they both went to TX before the NC one went to NC. Most of the rest of the stuff I've sent out has been delivered just fine, but a package coming to me from overseas made it to ISC New York two weeks ago and has not moved since.

Edit: The last thing I ordered from overseas was here in nine days, it went right through Customs in a day or so.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  14. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Really do you know a web site? That would be incredible.I shipped a 6pack wset up up to Minnesota,luckily I took pictures of it going in the box,after packing andsealed up,and I am not a picture taker just after the headlight fiasco I wasn't taking any chances.I always insure but just to cover my ass I took the pictures.The guy sends me pictures asking if that's the way I shipped it looks like it was thrown out of the truck at 100.The box it arrived in isn't the same box I shipped it in.I am still going through the process after 30 days and it was insured for full value.This is UPS.

15. I shipped some carbs to Dickster. Priorty and they got there in two days. Not bad. Sent the 2nd shipment and it took two weeks. They were sent from the same p.o. but got sent up to Anchorage, AK where they sat for some time. The box looked like it went thru the war when received in TX. You just never know what happens after you ship something these days.

16. chopt49

chopt49

I feel your pain....

I sent a package via USPS to WA state from CA, went to NY then to DC, then said out for delivery! Uh guys wrong side of the country! look at the zip code...

2 weeks later was back on the west coast and delivered. That was a cluster of a mess. Their response to me "it got delivered, so what is wrong?"... true

:)

17. That is funny, had the exact thing happen to me awhile back, all the way to the east coast then back to the west coast, priority mail even!

18. Bear in mind the "people" handling this stuff in the Regional Mail Centers.
    Almost everything goes through them for "security" reasons.

19. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Here's a shot of the carbs when they got there,and they are 69 1/2 only.
    I'll try and reload it when I get back

Attached Files:

20. I sent a two day delivery package from Fontana, CA to Long Beach, Ca, 65 miles. It took two weeks to deliver it. I could have walked it there, spent a week at the beach and still been back home quicker than that.

21. eBay?

22. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

No I thought you were saying their was a site where the Post office unloaded there damaged and lost goods.

23. They were selling the stuff on eBay, I don't know if they still are.

24. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Oh okay Thanks

25. I have had the P.O. Deliver an empty box. With out insurance there was no recourse. bad packing or thief I will never know. But I got the box.

26. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

But than on the other side, Ive shipped something to CA from USPS and it made it there in 3 days... Not sent priority or anything... Than again mailed something to my brother... Lives 40 miles or so away... took a week and a half, and went through raleigh...(about 3-4 hours away)...

27. Just a typical government run anything!

28. FWIW, lower class and bulk mail all goes to one sorting center for each region. Doesn't matter if it's local, or from the other side of the country. I've sent things across town and they'd go to a center near Pittsburgh and back (5-6 hours drive one way) if they weren't Priority.

And then they wonder why they're going broke, the stuff they charge me less to ship gets that much more handling and travel.

I understand, though, that lower class mail sometimes gets the rush treatment, they'll fill up a truck with regular mail if it's not full with all the Priority packages on hand.

They told me to call Customs on my missing package, so I look up Customs and it says right on their website they can't tell me anything if I call.

29. aaggie

aaggie

I live in Houston and my Topper hasn't arrived yet either.

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

QUOTE=rustynewyorker;9527962]FWIW, lower class and bulk mail all goes to one sorting center for each region. Doesn't matter if it's local, or from the other side of the country. I've sent things across town and they'd go to a center near Pittsburgh and back (5-6 hours drive one way) if they weren't Priority. [/QUOTE]

I think even priority mail goes to the big "regional" post office distribution centers now.

If you mail a letter in the outside mailbox at the post office here to someone across town it is loaded on a truck and hauled 20 miles to Yakima and and then loaded on another truck and hauled 200 miles to Spokane where it is sorted and loaded on another truck and hauled back to Yakima where it is loaded on the first truck on it's morning trip and hauled back to the local post office. What amounts to a two or three delay to get the mail inside the local post office 75 feet from outside mail drop box to local sorting table. That is post office cost cutting for you.

It may not be all post office though. A couple of years ago I ordered a brass dash tag from the Hamb and it never showed and when the snow melted I found it in the ditch beside the road after the snow plow had clobbered my mailbox and spun it around and threw the mail in the ditch in a snow storm. I've also found missing stuff like that in the "junk mail pile" where my wife tossed stuff she didn't think was important when she brought the mail in.