Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Bloody Mary on Ice

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Feb 7, 2014.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

RODIST and sloppy jalopies like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm kind of in love with this car... Great find Joey!

3. silverdome

silverdome

Pretty slick fat fendered Ford!

4. Be still my beating heart. very close to a build I'm planning, down to the motor.

Hans

B Bay Barn likes this.

5. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

That's one way to try and melt the junk on the street! With a TRUE HOT ROD!
    Very nice piece THANKS!

Moe Drum likes this.
  6. Nice & not over chopped. A 41' clip on a 46' is cool too.

7. I believe this car is still on the road in primer,in Victoria,B.C.

8. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

9. A friend of mine claims to have parted this out in Vancouver in the 70's, but another friend on Vancouver Island claims it is still there.

10. truckjim

truckjim

I agree. The chop is perfect.

11. oldschool55

oldschool55

Know this car well. A couple of pictures from a '60's car show and one of the car today.

Attached Files:

12. Winter leads to many fine projects. Here in Canada, we also know how to drive in winter though.:D

juan motime and deadbeat like this.
  13. pontman

pontman

This is what amazes me about the HAMB. A guy from Detroit starts a blog about a cool old Ford, then a guy from Canada tops him with the FREAKIN CAR! Awesome!

rpm56 and RetroSteel like this.
  14. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Nice to see the car is still on the road here in Victoria! I will keep an eye out for it at any cruise in, swap meet or car show.

15. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

I'm not usually a skeptic and I do understand cars are changed over time but I'm not convinced that is the same car in the "today" picture. Just too many differences that don't add up.

16. oldschool55

oldschool55

It is the same car, 100%. what differences don't you like.

17. Rusty

Rusty

18. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I agree, it is the same car. I first saw the Bloody Mary coupe in about 1980 - it was in pieces sitting beside a garage on one of the main roads in this area. Then it disappeared for years, and surfaced again when a friend of a friend found it and put it together. Some current pics will be coming my way soon, and I have been asked to post them on this thread, so will do so. It is a classic from this area that is rich in hot rod and custom history.

19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here are some current pics of the Bloody Mary as it makes the rounds of the car shows here on Vancouver Island.

Attached Files:

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

The Bloody Mary with current owner Murray - he should look happy having a piece of rodding history to drive around! A lucky guy!

Attached Files:

21. All it needs now are the original hubcaps and a set of tires to get that period perfect stance and look!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

22. .....Just curious. Can you be more specific with the changes (differences) that you see?

23. Eff winter! That car is pretty slick!

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Few more pics. Would be nice to go back the the 331 Cad motor and hydro trans, but they are long gone. Would be easier to go back to the same style of wheels and tires - buy, hey, Murray rebuilt it the way he wanted and it is still a great looking car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Some pics of the front end...and the back end. This car looks good coming and going!

Attached Files:

sloppy jalopies likes this.
  26. flamingokid

flamingokid

Different wheels would make a hell of a difference.

27. This my buddy Murrays car. I still remember when he sold his black '40 coupe that he had for years and was taking the money to go buy a 50s '32 coupe that had been promised to him, he came back a few days later and was so dejected as the coupe was bought out from under him. I told him that another car would turn up. He told me he was going to try to buy the Bloody Mary, we all knew the car was stored really close to my shop. He knew the owner Bruce Chaters quite well and had kept in touch with him about the car and he went and struck a deal and it was his, he came back to my shop totally freaking out. He asked me if I would do some metalwork on the car as the firewall was badly butchered and it needed some other metalwork as well. I said of course and it showed up a few days later. There was a 'bitchin' firewall inside the car, luckily it didnt get put in it before he bought it. I found some stock firewall pieces and I fixed the firewall and did other work on the car.
    When it showed up it still had the candy apple paint with a gold base underneath. I tried to tell Murray that we should color match the paint and spray the fenders to match the og custom paint but he wouldn't listen, you see it had different fenders then when it was in the magazine. The paint was so rubbed out it was gold in places! It was so cool. I mounted a 302 / C-4 in the car and customized some 5.0 headers for it, did some other fabricating on it too.
    I checked out the chop and it was awesome! Someone did some really nice metalwork back in the day. Murray took it home and fiddled on it for a few months then he painted it in his driveway!
    A bunch of the pompus streetrodders in our area were bitchin cuz Murray didnt do a 100 point over-restoration on the car. I said to a few of them that they should have stepped up and bought it then. And that at least Murray is driving it and having a blast in it! He is a true original hot rodder in our parts.
    So cool to see this thread on here. I will see if I can get some pics of the car when it was in my shop about ten years ago. I know that I have a bunch of original pictures of the car from when it was first built too, just got to find them...

-Shiny

28. seatex

seatex

Amen, brother! beautiful car, but those wheels are the cat's ass......seriously, a cat's ass:rolleyes:

Knghtcadi likes this.
  29. tony starr

tony starr

candy red and color film -- hard to top.

30. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Few more pics......

Attached Files: