Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage *****Nashville Swap Coverage*****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jan 26, 2014.

1. How about this one? I have never been to it. Does it compare in size and quality to the one in Nashville this weekend?

2. kb cookout

kb cookout

Hi;
    It's about a 1/4 of the size of Nashville, good mix of old parts and misc show up for sale

later kb

3. I called Derrell about a few things earlier today.

He said that all of the inside spaces are sold out. Vendors only on Saturday from noon to 6pm. Gates open Sunday at 6:30am

I'm in Building D with a load of tools and misc. stuff that I DO NOT want to take home.

JH

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  4. TN2Lane

TN2Lane

Still getting loaded up -

Things I'm definitely bringing (and really don't want to haul back home):
    Rough Model T turtle deck - plus other miscellaneous T Model pieces
    Studebaker V8 parts - let me know if you're interested in anything specifically, I may not bring the heavy stuff
    Early 60s Pontiac shop manuals
    1934-36 Chevrolet Standard Series Wire Wheels

Things I might bring if anyone is dying for them:
    Studebaker R1 air cleaner - needs replating
    Early 60s Pontiac Tri-Power Air cleaner
    Rajo head for Model T
    1957 Pontiac wagon tail light housings - nice set

5. What year is your T turtledeck? ^^^^^

6. Jim, old or new tools? I need a base for a KR Wilson engine stand.

7. Newer used stuff mostly. Just good used tools.

.... And anything that wasn't bolted down on my garage.

JH

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. k9racer

k9racer

Be sure to have a 5 dollar bill ready as the sorry ass mayor passed a law that you must pay to park at the Fairgrounds. They will not take change I gave them quarters one year and was told to leave. Be sure to ask for a receipt as the fine crew taking up parking money will scam you. Looking forward to this one the weather will be a lot better than it has been in the last 2 weeks..

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  9. TN2Lane

TN2Lane

PM Sent

10. ^^^^Haven't seen it.

11. hot rust

hot rust

i'll be there bright and early sun morning, someone bring a 39 ford clutch/brake pedal assembly as i need one. hope to see bill akin also as it's been a couple three years since i've made the show. looking forward to meeting you guys who will be there......... hot rust

12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

we are not going to set up today because it is raining where we are. hauling magazines magazines in the rain is not a good thing.

My son and I and my Amigo with a prosthetic leg will be walking around there today.
    Stop us and say "whats up"

13. Boy, the cold rain on Sunday put a damper on the outside, but the inside was completely sold out and T-shirt toasty. As always, it was good to see all the usual HAMB characters.

My sales were slow, and as usual I spent more $$ than I sold.
    Found a pair of complete rear jump seats for my 40 coupe, a steady rest for my lathe, a nice Stromberg EE, a couple of NOS kingpin sets, some early Bronco goodies and a 1946 book on rebuilding flatties.

N'ville never fails to turn out the gold for me; see ya next year!

14. longram60

longram60

My first time selling at any sort of swap meet and I was quite pleased. I packed up around noon Sunday as I had sold most of what I brought. I was also surprised at the number of people roaming the outside spaces given the cold and rain.

15. hot rust

hot rust

scored a 39 ford brake/clutch pedal assy for a really good price ($65.00), a 28-9 model a grille shell and headlamp mtg bar, some of the small items i needed from the tool and supply guys and last but not least a pair of block hugger headers for a boring sbc. met some new friends and hopefully sold some parts i have in storage to them.overall a good day for me

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We had a goos day we left the house at 4 AM. We got there as the gates were opening. We looked inside for a while then the rain stopped so we went outside for a while and lo and behold as soon as we started looking outside it started raining.

We made the best of it. I bought a set of straight bolt pattern Corvette valve covers and 2 Edelbrock Performer intakes for SBC. My son had a big time he bought some Hot Wheels and a couple of model Kits as well as a few Scale Auto Enthusiast magazines and a chrome breather. I am trying to teach him how to dicker at the swap meets. He did pretty good yesterday.

On the way home we stopped at Hooters and He was in Hog Heaven as the Hooters girl made him feel special. He would almost turn wrong side out when she would talk to him.

I would like to ge an Inside space next year. Are you able to spread a cot out in your booth if you set up there and sleep at night or do you have to go off site?

Attached Files:

17. [​IMG]

Uhh, where is his other hand??

18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am unsure but he is awfully red isn't he:)

19. Nope, they run you out. However some hardcores sleep in their vehicles outside.

A lot of folks stood in line for hours to renew their inside spots, so don't wait too long.

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

21. Weather sucked but I thought the turn out was great. I scored a Mooneyes fuel pressure gauge. We saw a flat black ride with red scallops as soon as we pulled in. Anyone know who owns that ride or have any pictures? We were going to check it out when we left but it was already gone.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. k9racer

k9racer

As stated weather was not nice. I scored 3 boxes of 48 back ford trans gears 50 Dollars. A AD GMC truck stearing box 15 dollars. some 5 on 5 race car wheels 15 each. A pair of 62 or so dodge van seats $85. a box of A N fittings for $20 and they are worth about a hundred. one flat head merc. head 8 CM 10 dollars. 2 70s chevy truck 3 speed trans for 175. The one I use in my race car. A hurst bench seat flat shift handle for 65. I was offered a C note for it And last some OT 70 to 72 Chevelle parts. Saw a few old friends and hurried back home.

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

what day did you go bob

24. I sold more than I ever have before. It kept me from really getting to walk around and visit/look as much as I would have liked to. Sales were good though! I did get to visit with a few friends. Barillaro Speed Emporium, Kennedy, Gator, HotrodA, Crestliner, Earl Schieb.... and some non-Hamb buddies. It was a good time for sure.

The weather always sucks. It's February in TN. It's supposed to suck. That's just part of it.

Big thanks to Earl Schieb too. He hooked me up with one of the most awesome gifts ever! Just because he knew I would appreciate it. He is one of the best guys I know and I'm proud to call him my friend. I'll post photos when I get unloaded.

All in all, it was a kickass year at the Nashville Swap Meet.

JH

25. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

My first time here. I really enjoyed it despite the weather. Found a set of early Chrysler hemi valve covers and a nice set of M/T covers for a sbc for cheap. Also bought a spare tire lock for a '33 Ford for twenty bucks. I didn't need any of it, but hey, the price was right! This meet will definitely be on my to-do list next year and beyond.

26. papastoyss

papastoyss

Glad my jump seats went to someone who needed/appreciated them! THANKS AGAIN!

27. papastoyss

papastoyss

iNSIDE SPOTS are held for the current user until April 2, then turned loose if the current user doesn't renew (pay up) by that date. We always renew before we leave & still have $ in our pockets.

28. Seepwater

Seepwater

A friend and I went and had a blast. I should have purchased more than I did but they parked me way down the hill :(