Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have a part # for a master Cylinder with RPVs installed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ziffer, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ziffer

ziffer
    from michigan

I went through a bunch of threads here and didn't find anything. Does anyone know of a master cylinder with the RPVs installed for Drum to drum set up? I will be below the floor and would like the outlet ports on the frame rail so they would have been to the pass side of the car when installed under the hood.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Z

2. squirrel

squirrel

1967ish master cylinders were usually like that.

3. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

Just curious - you can put the RPV's in-line. Summit, etc sells them. Any reason why this option would not work for your project?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Cost would be one reason.

5. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most of the US drum/drum masters had internal residuals up to '71.

6. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Give the guys at Master Power Brakes a call, 888-351-8781, they can five you the straight scoop. They only do hot rod and custom brakes and are the best.

7. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Master Power Brakes is probably a very good brake component supplier, but they, or at least their web site, do not fully understand brake valves and their purpose and operation, especially residuals. Sorry to rain on your constant praise of this company.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  8. ziffer

ziffer
    from michigan

I don't want the external valves as that is two more connections in each line front and rear. Hoping to make it with as few joints as possible.

Thanks again
    Z

9. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

V-8,Bob, Master Power designed brake systems for both my cars and both stop like modern cars. Perhaps if you see something wrong on their web site you should let them know, it might help us all in the future.

10. I'm also trying to decide on a drum/drum master cylinder. Any drum/drum master from 1967 well into the 70's should have residuals in it, although, based upon my research, there seems to be some indication that some masters such as the "Cardone" 10-1505 (1967 -70 Chevelle) have been found without the residuals in place. Close inspection through the line port with the blunt end of a small drill bit to insure they are in place is a must. I'm no help as far as frame side port location applications.